The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

LIVE! BOL

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LIVE! BOL
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LIVE! BOL
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) YAY!

In reply to: LIVE! BOL

Collapse -
WOOHOO

mmmmmmm... donuts

oh btw, I can't wait for bol live!:P

Collapse -
agree w/previous post - big screen TV is in way...

looking at the stage, the left side and left-center is visible, but I can't see the right side at all because a big-screen tv is in the way...

Collapse -
(NT) nice b/w close-up of molly:P

Collapse -
done

I will watch.. I was just surfing the posts...and saw this.. I will watch it here is cold *** Champaign/Urbana, IL next to the smelly Kraft factory (actually my house is close to there)

Nick Schmidt

Collapse -
(NT) Watch your language V ;)

Collapse -
just finished watching (spoiler alert)

yay! just finished watching! Happy

===(Anyone who didn't listen to the podcast yet, SPOILER alert)===

hehe, molly in a suit and tom in a dress - and with the ability to see it live? lmao...

the camera keeps on zooming to molly during the podcast, and tom. when veronica speaks, most of the time it doesn't show her. Sad

you should give an opportunity for the BOL listeners at home to virtually participate in the podcast or something - the same way you did with your Holiday Helpdesk Wink

that's all of my comments

Collapse -
It was absolutely great

In reply to: just finished watching (spoiler alert)

I was wondering, was Tom using a Mac? His laptop had what looked to be an apple symbol on the lid, but when Tom gets a close-up the laptop edge seems to be square unlike the Macbooks which he seems to be using.

Tom are you using a laptop with an Apple sticker on the front, because it us puzzling me.
http://www.thelifeofpatrick.com/tom.jpg

Also the streamed podcast was absolutely brilliant. I hope to go to CES someday, I can only hope I will be able to see the podcast being made in studio, it would be a dream.

Keep up the good work guys, We all love our daily fix of BOL.

Collapse -
'doh

aww I missed it, please tell me that y'all will be doing this all week?

Collapse -
short answer: yes

In reply to: 'doh

i doubt that this is a spoiler - more news Happy

anyways, the buzz crew said (in front of a live audience, so i doubt they will lie) they will continue to do this for tomorrow and wednesday at the same time.

after the podcast, they play games (with prizes) with the audience

Collapse -
(NT) awesome! thanks :D (n/t)

In reply to: short answer: yes

Collapse -
On Demand Version

In reply to: awesome! thanks :D (n/t)

Will there be an on demand version or an audio version showing up in my iTunes?

Collapse -
my assumption

In reply to: On Demand Version

i assume that the 12:30 show was the podcast so it will be put up. i don't know about a video version...anyone know? :o

oh ya, and during today's live, i heard a longer version of the opening music Silly

Collapse -
Is the feed suppose to have audio when BOL's not on.

So this isn't really about BOL, but whenever I go to the CES live thing on CNET TV there isn't any audio. Is there only audio when something like BOL's on, or is my system screwed up (all the other videos work just fine)?

Collapse -
CES Live Stream Audio

In reply to: Is the feed suppose to have audio when BOL's not on.

There is indeed only audio for the shows we stream live which are Buzz Out Loud & Best of CES. If you see the shot from the camera up high then there won't be any audio unless you hum to yourself.

- Justin
CNET TV Product Manager

Collapse -
Or!

In reply to: CES Live Stream Audio

Or, you can watch the stream and listen to an earlier podcast and pretend that TMV are *gasp* invisible... mmmmm invisible tech guru trio *homer simpson drool*

(yeah I'm being silly, i know. need. more. coffee.)

Collapse -
Cool!

That's great, I saw you doing a few shows on stage along with Molly and Tom, this was around 12 to 1PM in your time, except it is 4 AM the next day where I live. Poor Molly, Tom & Veronica who have to do two shows at once like takes to see which is best.

Collapse -
better on cnettv (for me)

i was watching the live stream on CNET TV and i compared that to the audio version a couple of hours later. i found the live stream to be better than the recorded version because i heard more.

just wondering: did anyone find small parts of the podcast cut off for like a nanosecond or something?

Collapse -
As much as I love BOL

today you are competing with Steve, so I'll have to listen to the podcast tonight...I'm sure you understand Wink

Collapse -
oops, or insead, cool...

In reply to: As much as I love BOL

macworld is 12pm my time, you're 330pm. sorry, I just finished my coffee. I get both live...duh.

Collapse -
CNET Holiday Help Desk

Did anyone notice that it says "Live: CNET Holiday Help Desk" as the title of the live stream?

Collapse -
full screen

In reply to: CNET Holiday Help Desk

BTW... this is when you make the video full screen

Collapse -
yay

Got to watch and I have to say good golly miss Molly you look mah-ve-lous! I wish i had looked that good when i was carrying.

Thanks for streaming the show live, it was really cool to watch Happy

Collapse -
reasons

In reply to: yay

maybe that's why they chose molly as the face of cnet in ces 2007. plus they say preganant women have some glow in their skin that makes them look better than they regularly do Silly

awesomeness

and great live show Silly and veronica just storms out of the podcast scene when it was done

Collapse -
headset

In reply to: reasons

my headset was almost ripping my ear off for the entire show, so i had to get it fixed before we did the ratings game! i was in serious pain, and the darn thing wouldn't even stay on my head either!

V

Collapse -
was that the unusual bulge on the back of your head?

In reply to: headset

I was wondering , and I took a screenshot to ask later. I guessed it was the headset under your hair, lifting it up.

my sister was visiting and looked at it for a second and said "she needs a haircut..."

I thought " Oh poor Veronica!" lol.

Collapse -
oh

i just got one before we came to CES. i tried Sad

Collapse -
Aw sorry

In reply to: oh

Your hair looks fine...it was the stuff lifting up in back that was unusual. At least you have hair.

Collapse -
hair

In reply to: oh

did you ask molly for the name of her hair stylist before you came to ces? Happy

Collapse -
I caught it yesterday.

I really enjoyed watching your expressions when you talk. that was one of my arguments for BOL video being a daily thing.

Why can't you stream via static webcam from the studio live everyday , and put out the audio version as usual?

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.