PC Applications forum

General discussion

Listening to my Bit Comet Downloads Help!!!

by deadpunk21 / July 16, 2006 6:12 AM PDT

Ok, so I have downloaded some songs with my Bit Comet but now I don't know how to play them. Can you please tell me how? Thank you!!

Lloyd Dobler

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Listening to my Bit Comet Downloads Help!!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Listening to my Bit Comet Downloads Help!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
More information please...
by John.Wilkinson / July 16, 2006 9:03 AM PDT

1.) Operating system. (ex. Windows XP)
2.) Format of the files. (ex. MP3)
3.) Title/Artist of the songs. (We may be able to provide an alternate download source if the files are corrupted.)

Let us know.
John

Collapse -
Bit Comet
by deadpunk21 / July 18, 2006 1:31 PM PDT

Hey John,

Thank you for helping me out, I really appreciate it. I haven't used a program like Bit Comet that much. So basicly whats happening is, I will download the file and than when it says file complete. I will go into my music file and find it. The file looks like a piece of paper and the BitComet ball on it. Hope that makes sense. When I double click it to play it, I get a message that says Torrent task already exists. I am not sure how to convert the files over to MP3. I did it a very long time ago using Bitcomet but I don't remember how to do it anymore. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you again.

Collapse -
Sounds like you just downloaded the task...
by John.Wilkinson / July 20, 2006 8:34 AM PDT
In reply to: Bit Comet

It sounds like all you've done so far is download the couple-hundred KB task (.torrent) file, not the song itself. You need to launch BitComet, open the task list, and then proceed with the download. Once the download completes then find and open the file. You can click here for the BitComet Help articles.

Just make sure that all of the songs and other content you download are legal...ie the author has designated the file as freely distributable at no cost. It may take a little research for lesser-known software and multimedia, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Regards,
John

Collapse -
File Extension
by terryparker / July 17, 2006 10:14 AM PDT

First of all, please let us know some more info. But with no info the best I can help you is that if you are trying to open the files before it has finished downloading to preview it, BitComet adds a *.bc! file extension (this option can be turned off). Removing the *.bc! file extension might solve your problem!!
Hope this helps, but please give more info about your problem if this is no help!!!

Collapse -
Bit Comet
by deadpunk21 / July 18, 2006 1:27 PM PDT
In reply to: File Extension

Hello, Thank you very much for helping me out with this. So I download the song and than it says download complete. I go to my music file and Double click the album. The file looks like a piece of paper with the bitcomet ball on it, not like an MP3. I am sure thats my problem, I am just not sure how to convert it.

Anyways, once the album is downloaded, I will double click on it in my music file and it says Torrent Task already existed, instead of playing the tracks. I am very sure its a simple fix, but any information would help. I took off the .bc! too. Thank you again, I really appreciate it.

Collapse -
Warning About BC
by Yogi / January 12, 2007 6:38 PM PST
In reply to: Bit Comet

I have downloaded many files in my day but i have never got a letter from my ISP talking about they recived a copyright infringement letter because i downloaded something until i started using B.C

Plus the few other files i got were messed up even when i checked rehash after download .

So beware the Copyright police are are out watching also MAKE sure you uncheck the box in setting that says let others browse my files by default it is checked so any Copyright cop can peer into what you sharing and ??? i've yet to find out what will become of this

Collapse -
@Lloyddobler
by shankru85 / July 21, 2006 11:44 PM PDT

That is a dangerous software , many trackers are banning it .
Always use an AV real-time protection , efficient firewall & an IP Filtering software .
I'd suggest to remove Bitcomet from your pc .

Regards

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?