Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

listener guests on Buzz out loud?

by thepodcasticator / August 19, 2006 3:58 AM PDT

Maybe once every two weeks a listener guest should come on Buzz Out Loud VIA skype. Think, Trip, Remy and the T-shirt winners and many more all in BOl to represent us in a more direct way! Plus BOL would be the first "truly interactive" podcast. Comments, opinions, CNET editors takes? please comment and post them here

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: listener guests on Buzz out loud?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: listener guests on Buzz out loud?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Brand Dilution.
by udayan71 / August 19, 2006 4:04 AM PDT

Alright so my title is a little misleading. I think if it's extremely rare - like the 'real' guests they have - or if it is just 5 mins of a show every Friday...

I love BOL as it is, and to address more fan interaction I think the emails and voicemails are exactly the right amount.

That's my 2 cents,
Udayan.

Collapse -
agreed...don't grow/change too fast...
by shawnlin / August 19, 2006 6:06 AM PDT
In reply to: Brand Dilution.

The format is wonderful as it is...for now. If there is a real need for growth or change - so be it. I don't think that situation has come up yet. You don't want to grow too fast and then collapse under your own weight...

Instead, I would recommend submitting comments on the BOL message board, through e-mails/voicemail, YouTube group, and wikipedia entry. There's lot of places for expression. I think an annual online or real conference would be a cool idea though...

Outside of that, I think personal expression on a personal webpage or news/blog/podcast (like the one I'm in the process of setting up) is the way to do.

Best,
Shalin

Collapse -
Never gonna happen.
by christianboy65 / August 19, 2006 12:34 PM PDT

These guys are pros. They get into a rhythm and they make the show great. Having most of us folks on going "uhhhh, ummmm, you know?" would slow down the show and make it a lesser thing. Yeah sure there's a few people out there who could hang with the gang (maybe Remmy?) but most of us just couldn't hack it.

Collapse -
well...
by udayan71 / August 20, 2006 2:04 AM PDT
In reply to: Never gonna happen.

I don't think that's the case for as large a majority as you suggest. The voicemails are pretty succinct and snappy, plus TMV roughly knows what the show will be about. There are some listeners here with their own podcasts who are as good. I'm not one of them Silly

Udayan.

Collapse -
Hmm...
by shantanubala / August 20, 2006 2:54 AM PDT

As much as I'd love that, it's too messy. Phone calls and e-mails are good enough for now.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!