General discussion

List top Laptop / Notebook manufacture

Give a list of the top manufacture of Laptop and Notebook?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: List top Laptop / Notebook manufacture
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: List top Laptop / Notebook manufacture
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
(NT) Why should we?
- Collapse -
Why?

Such a list should not influence our choices.

- Collapse -
comment

Well I would like to know what people think of different brand and why you rank each brand the way you did. I don't want to use who have the most advertisement on TV. Because that doesn't speak about the quality of a brand. So please share your views.

- Collapse -
A brand does not confer quality.

Take any make and we'll find a model they made that had quality issues. This is why your question needs to be questioned.

And would you pay for quality? I found that while Toughbooks are high quality the average buyer will not pay for quality.
Bob

- Collapse -
laptop suggestions

Hi,

In order to determine which laptop will be best for you, it is important to consider what you will be using it for (music, movies, work, etc.). I suggest you check out a tool called PC Scout (a laptop picker): http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/pc-scout/laptop-set-criteria.aspx?mode=landing#. You can enter the specs you want (such as RAM, screen size, price range, etc.) and the site will generate recommendations based on these specifications. It will recommend laptops from a variety of reputable brands so you can compare them to determine which will suit your needs.

Good luck on your laptop search!

Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team

- Collapse -
Thats a hard question to answer

especially since most users haven't had all the brands. People pick one if it works for them they stick with them.

CNET Forums

Forum Info