Question

lion?when is that coming?

hi all,iv had my macbook pro just over 2wks and heard that Lion is coming soon! i was told in the Apple shop that i should get a free upgrade,what will Lion give me that i dont have in Snow Leopard?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: lion?when is that coming?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: lion?when is that coming?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
follow up on lion

i just read on google that free upgrades will only be given for computers purchased after june 6th,can anyone confirm this,im so disappointed,i bought mine on june 1st

- Collapse -
Talk nicely to Apple Support,

you will be surprised what talking nice can do

- Collapse -
who do i talk nice to?

would it be best to talk to my local apple shop where i bought mu mac?

- Collapse -
No, phone Apple at

1-800-MY- APPLE

- Collapse -
this date is listed on the site of

<span id="INSERTION_MARKER">news.techworld.com, for instance.

- Collapse -
I would wait until Apple actually announces it

currently there are no details on the Up to date page, just the suggestion that users should check back in July

- Collapse -
will do

i googled "will i get a free update to lion" and that date was announced,fingers crossed that everyone who has bought their mac so close to that date will get a free upgrade.

- Collapse -
Good Luck and

let us know how you get on

CNET Forums