General discussion

linux live cd hang!

I tried to run ldconfig, it then restarted by itself.

Where can I retrieve some information about the failure?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: linux live cd hang!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: linux live cd hang!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
damn it

Can't even get into 'failsafe' mode now!

What should I do with the LiveCD now Bob?

- Collapse -
RAMDISK:

everytime, it restarted when doing the RAMDISK step.

Does it mean that the memory has problem?

- Collapse -
I would suggest...

posting this new question on the Linux forum. You might get a lot of answers in the right forum. Hope this helps.

- Collapse -
The thing is

This issue follows my computer failure with windows xp.
I discussed with Bob for quite long time and he suggested me try Livecd for diagnostics.
Thought he can pick it up a bit easier here.

- Collapse -
Which live CD?

Which Linux distribution are you using?

FROM A WORKING COMPUTER, download a Linux live CD ISO file and use the procedure within a burning program (Nero, CDBurnerXP, RecordNow, etc.) to burn a disc from ISO. Knoppix is a popular live CD.

Look at the right hand column of this link under "Top 5 Live CDs."
http://distrowatch.com/dwres.php?resource=major

- Collapse -
I used DSL

Which is called damn small linux, about 50M

Just ust it to see what is the problem with my computer hardware.

The linux restarts 2sec after the message 'RAMDISK: compressed image found at block 0'. I can't find any other information.

- Collapse -
First things first

Why in the world would you be running ldconfig on a LiveCD distribution? The only time you would EVER need to run ldconfig, is if you installed a new program, and wanted the new shared libraries to be picked up.

Maybe there's some backstory I missed out on that would shed some light on this, but I'm wondering what possible reason you could have to run ldconfig on a LiveCD distribution.

- Collapse -
Thanks

but that is never the focus of this problem.

Do let me know your opinion about what might be my computer's problem.

- Collapse -
As this is a problem with a pirated copy of XP,

CNET Forums