General discussion

Linksys Wireless Bridege wet610n

like others ,in their zeal to make this wireless bridge user friendly linksys has rendered this device virtually useless for a business application.
it cannot be programed before deploying it, because both the network it is to be pluged into AND the wireless network it's going to be connected to have to both be present for setup which can only be done with the insipid disk that comes with it.
what if there is no network connection except the wireless connection where it is to be deployed ? duh.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Linksys Wireless Bridege wet610n
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Linksys Wireless Bridege wet610n
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Which begs the question.

Why not get what fits your need?

- Collapse -
Repost for OP.

"linksys wireless bridge wet610n - New!

by CYBERPENPAL - October 22, 2010 10:06 AM PDT

In Reply to: Which begs the question. by R. Proffitt Moderator

yes, i agree , the purpose of my post is so that someone else didnt make the mistake that i did.
thought that was the purpose of posting.
guess i was wrong
fyi"

- Collapse -
I hear you.

When we need a business solution we have to be careful about using CONSUMER gear. The consumer oriented gear has to be easy to get working and we must strip away features that could result in calls to the service desk and non-operation resulting in product returns.

Businesses need to catch up with this move and be careful about using the cheap consumer products.
Bob

- Collapse -
finally got it

finally figured out how to program the wet610n. if it isnt on a network that has a dhcp server it defaults to
169.254.1.250 so you just point the browser to that address and then you can program it like any other bridge.
retract what i said earlier. other ones are like that too ie canopy etc.

CNET Forums

Forum Info