Networking & Wireless forum

General discussion

Linksys PRINT SERVER w/ HP PSC 2110 all-in-one????

by shaftly / September 1, 2004 5:39 PM PDT

I have two laptops wirelessly connected to a 802.11b Linksys router. I have previously been using a desktop as the print server to the HP PSC2110, but to save some space I bought the Linksys wireless-ready print server. NO LUCK!!! I read a post that I had to use the HP deskjet 990c driver to make my printer work? The network finds the print server, just not the printer??? I tried changing the USB cable, I even got an extra print server (gigafast; due to multiple bids on eBay) and still no luck. My wireless network is secure, but I don't believe that will affect the hard-wired print server?
HELP PLEASE!!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Linksys PRINT SERVER w/ HP PSC 2110 all-in-one????
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Linksys PRINT SERVER w/ HP PSC 2110 all-in-one????
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Linksys PRINT SERVER w/ HP PSC 2110 all-in-one????
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 2, 2004 12:53 AM PDT

I had to read this more than a few times and from what I read, this will be an experts only setup. Pitfalls abound as I know firewalls will interfere even if "disabled", printer servers don't have to reveal the make/model printer they are serving and so on.

Many printer servers simple recieve some "millions of bytes that I want you to send to the printer" and you never get feedback that a Cayun Ink Splatter is attached.

Sorry, I can't see what or why its not working from what you've written. I suggest that you call the printer server the "printer" and tell Windows to print to it with your selected printer driver.

Or read the manual again...

Bob

Collapse -
Other items.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 2, 2004 1:05 AM PDT

Be sure that the device firmware is up to date. I'm nonplused that some 50% of devices I see need updated firmware just to function right out of the box. The same story applies to device drivers.

If the product doesn't work, then pack it up and ask for a refund.

Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.