Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Link Problem

by jypw425 / October 7, 2004 3:46 AM PDT

I have Windows98,OE6/IE6 IP-Talkamerica.net Links within a web site do not work. Only pimary links in the webpage menu open. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Link Problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Link Problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Link Problem
by Kees Bakker / October 7, 2004 5:31 AM PDT
In reply to: Link Problem
Collapse -
by jypw425 / October 11, 2004 2:48 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: Link Problem

Thanks Kees for your respose. I ran IEFIX as you suggested. I could not open, or paste and open, the link you gave me to try the repair tools mentioned by Bill in ID 468627. I did an advance search of Subjects on the Message Board but, could not locate it. I also installed and ran Housecall Online Scanner, Ad-Aware SE Spyware Removal Tool, Spyboot Search & Destroy and CWShredder Hijack Removal Tool. In addition I did file maintainence with Scan disc, Disk Clean-up and Defrag. I still have the problem. What else can I do?

Collapse -
If you can't copy and paste...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 11, 2004 3:06 AM PDT

That's a very bad sign. Here's why. I've found such to be a sign that a keyboard logger has installed itself. While scans with Adware, Spybot, Cwshredder, Stinger and Housecall will find the common pests, when such behaviour remains we look to user installed keyboard enhancers and then move to HIJACKTHIS. If you don't do your own research then read this discussion -> http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6132-0.html?forumID=32&threadID=40493&messageID=474683&tag=

That discussion offers MANY forums for you to get a reading of the log.

Bob

Collapse -
Re: If you can't copy and paste...
by billzhills / October 11, 2004 4:30 AM PDT
Collapse -
by jypw425 / November 3, 2004 2:16 AM PST

Hello again.
I really do not have a cut and paste problem. I was just initially having a problem with the link you suggested (ID 468627). I did eventually get there. But, I am still not able to open all links when I click on them, only main links, not secondary links. What else do you suggest. I did run pest control for a key logger scan.

Collapse -
by billzhills / November 4, 2004 2:21 AM PST

jypw,

May not qualify...

Are you using any type of Ad Blocking application?

Disabling NIS (Norton Internet Security) does not work.
(Been there - Done that) Look in the Ad Blocking feature first, then all of the features and see if your web site is listed. Other applications I do not know of.

Helpfull?

Bill

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?