General discussion

Limitations on iPhone

I finally got an iPhone. I really love it except for several things. I am unable to view many videos as it doesn't allow for Flash Player or Java. I think it's a licensing dispute. It also won't download Firefox. As a result, I'm unable to get many of my favorite sites. Also, the download speed is kind of slow and I dread the day when the battery has to be replaced. I heard that everything in memory will be lost; including all my phone numbers, my favorite videos, etc. I was told to just to send all the info to my PC. Finally, the battery seems to lose power very quickly; especially when viewing You Tube. I find myself having to recharge several times a day.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Limitations on iPhone
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Limitations on iPhone
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
What questions do you have?
- Collapse -
When the battery is changed,

you do not lose anything.
Adobe cannot produce a Flash Player for mobile devices that works well. Not a licensing issue.
Download speed depends on your Wireless connection speed and/or your carriers cell towers.
Always sync your iPhone to iTunes on your PC.
You cannot download stuff directly from the net. Go to the App store for apps.
Watching videos will run the battery down very quickly. Add a battery pack, See Bob's post.

- Collapse -
Youtube shoudn't be so bad on wifi

There are several battery drain issues with the iPhones, especially the pre iPhone 4. Youtube being one of them, this is the reason why there are O/S and app restrictions so people don't brick their devices with dodgy apps and blame it on Apple.

- Collapse -
i phone

i hv iphone4 but i hv not any problem...

CNET Forums