PC Applications forum

General discussion

Limewire Turbo

by snuffles58 / March 20, 2006 10:05 AM PST

I Recently Installed Limewire Turbo And Have Found It Seems To Have Spyware That Is Not Detected By My Three Spyware Applications.I Would Like To Know Who Ivestigates Software Applications.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Limewire Turbo
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Limewire Turbo
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Basically most mods help you uninstall such.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 20, 2006 10:15 AM PST
In reply to: Limewire Turbo

You can also post in the Virus forum to see what the security gurus there have to say.

Collapse -
LimeWire is not trustable!
by kwokwai -space4english / March 20, 2006 11:03 PM PST

I have tried LimeWire after WinMX's down.

What I can tell you is that LimeWire isn't a good tool, but I don't know why it gains high recommendations from users.

I think some people from the same group of company have tried to pretend new users to vote for LimeWire so as to give mis-infomation...
Please take a look at the reviews from those who've voted for LimeWire; some of them just gave very simple comments, such as 'yes', 'good' and nothing else!

Hope you have time to check out them and you will understand I'm talking about!

Collapse -
why not use bearshare....
by sciflyer / March 21, 2006 7:45 PM PST

just make sure you uninstall and wipe clean the "whenu" junk and "weather" junk. it works 1000 times better than limewire

Collapse -
does it support Chinese
by kwokwai -space4english / March 22, 2006 12:18 AM PST

I love WinMX as it supports many Languages, even Chinese!

Does the software you've mentioned support Chinese input?

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) i do not think so
by sciflyer / March 27, 2006 3:12 PM PST
Collapse -
Just not reliable
by shankru85 / March 26, 2006 5:25 AM PST

Hi Snuffle ,
theese application called "TURBO" or "ACCELERATION" or "BOOSTER" are just not reliable , that words are often added to original software name to draw reader's attention .
Only one parameter can increase download speed & that is the speed of connection you have , while those softwares often contains spywares .
I'm sorry that neither your Firewall nor your spyware scanner detected them .
Anyway , before dowloading softwares , you can read users review at Download.com : if softwares contain malware users write it , so you'll be sure not to download evil apps .
I'd also suggest to take a look at this link(in the event that you'd like to change your spyware scanner) :

Good luck
White [ITA]

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?