Windows Vista forum

General discussion

limewire & mrpheus download problems with vista

by Miss_!v / March 14, 2007 3:36 PM PDT

Is anyone ese having issues downloading limewire and morpheus on vista. i am trying ti download to my laptop, and it keeps stopping the set up. any suggestions??

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: limewire & mrpheus download problems with vista
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: limewire & mrpheus download problems with vista
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
limewire downloads
by mona seaton / March 15, 2007 12:35 AM PDT

i am having trouble downloading limewre it says the system do not support vista windows how can i download limewire

Collapse -
Try this in a different way.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 15, 2007 12:38 AM PDT
In reply to: limewire downloads

If it's legitimate content you need maybe you can share what you need to get and others will help you find it without Limewire.

Bob

Collapse -
same problem
by kat_kat_rox_ur_sox / March 19, 2007 6:14 AM PDT

ok...so I'm having the same problem except mine wont even start the freaking download! idk what to do...I've tried downloading morpheus, ares and limewire...none have worked and its driving me nuts! does anyone know how I can make them work? please....I'm about to die without music here......

bye!

Collapse -
Problems downloading songs with Vista?
by ozz421 / April 1, 2007 2:54 AM PDT
In reply to: same problem

I had the problem of not being able to download songs via limewire once I started running Vista. I solved it by going into controlpanel>windowsfirewall>change settings>"exceptions" tab and checking the "Bit Peercaching" box. Hope this helps some of you..

-Ozz

Collapse -
it worked!!
by heymissy1230 / July 30, 2007 12:41 PM PDT

hey ozz, i tried wat u said step by step and finally IT WORKED , i got limewire. i been trying like for about 2 months and i came to this site and u helped me very much .Thanks dude ! oh yeah and for evry1 else try this way trust me it will work just read evrything carefully follow ozz instructions, and trust me u'll have limewire and its not even slow Happy

Collapse -
Help Mee ;(
by y0urmyl0ve / November 3, 2007 3:14 AM PDT

Ozz i tried doing wat you said before but when i tried (by the way i have limewire 4.14.10) and it said:
Limewire was unable to initialize and start. This is usually due to a firewall program blocking LimeWire's access to the internet or loopback connections on the local machine. Please allow access to the internet and restart LimeWire"
PLEASE HELP

Collapse -
downloading with no answer
by suze-tb / December 28, 2007 8:20 AM PST

Hi Ozz,
I have tried to change the setting like mentionned earlier, and it is not working.
There is no message. If I write a title or a singer name, I will wait 'til the download is finishing. And again, their is no result??? Do you have an ideal what could be the problem?
Thanks in advance for your great help.
Suzie

Collapse -
re Limewire
by planteoin / April 6, 2007 2:20 AM PDT

Hi,

I was having the same problems. I just disabled McAfee security centre (through-task manager-processes, there were two processes running for McAfee), I got it free with my new laptop. I had allowed limewire full access through McAfee and it seemed to be still blocking it. Limewire works perfectly again.

Yippeeee!

P.S. Of course I have another an anti virus and firewall installed from www.download.com

Collapse -
Hey
by Shorty8703 / April 18, 2007 9:02 AM PDT

has anybody figured it out yet.....i got a new windows vista and i can't download nuthin....Can Anyone help me?

Collapse -
P2P
by planteoin / April 18, 2007 6:39 PM PDT
In reply to: Hey

Hi,

Actually I though I had the answer by following my previous post. I just had to put the exceptions into my firewall for the Limewire port. Don't know if it's the same problem you are having. Is there a firewall showing in the bottom left hand corner of Limewire when you are trying to connect? See

http://www.limewire.com/english/content/cantconnect.shtml

Collapse -
by kat_kat_rox_ur_sox / April 19, 2007 6:56 AM PDT
In reply to: P2P

yeah it does..its odd and thanks for that link but im not exactly good with computers..and i know thats not that hard but i get confused and stuff...ive tried to follow it but cant really do it...idk im going to try the other suggestions...

Collapse -
more...
by kat_kat_rox_ur_sox / April 19, 2007 7:00 AM PDT
In reply to: ...

yeah and i forgot to put this up there ...it wont start the download...idk why...ive tried both ways for the download on windows...once i got it to work but its shut down my comp and idk but yeah now i cant download it and if i do...it wont connect at all!! im seriously lost...

Collapse -
hey
by Shorty8703 / April 25, 2007 7:16 AM PDT
In reply to: P2P

When i first read your post. I tried it to see if it would work on mine and it did...but then my computer started running slow so i upgraded my computer now it wont let me download limewire, kazaa, blubster...NOTHING .......

Please is there anyother way to let it download

Collapse -
re p2p
by planteoin / April 25, 2007 9:43 PM PDT
In reply to: hey

What do you mean by saying you upgraded? to Limewire 4.12? All I really know is that I followed making the exceptions in the firewall and it allowed Limewire access. Vista should not be blocking Limewire I think this problem has been resolved.

Collapse -
internet downloading slow
by memphis10boy / January 10, 2008 2:13 AM PST
In reply to: re p2p

enery time i download from he internet limewire always load it slow can someone help!!

Collapse -
(NT) And You've Tried All The Fixes In This Thread?
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / January 10, 2008 2:39 AM PST
Collapse -
limwire problems on vista
by ljay1987 / April 29, 2007 7:40 AM PDT

iv had simillar problems i get it installed and it crashes my laptop im still looking for the answer but m having no luck if i knew i was going to have these problems i would hav bought the laptop with xp

Collapse -
Limewire
by stephie07 / June 28, 2007 10:28 AM PDT

hello, have you found a solution yet? I went into my computer settings and changed some firewall settings and it worked for about 20 min then crashed on me I have tried all kinds of things so if you find any solution please be kind enought to let me know. Thanx a bunch Stephanie

Collapse -
thanks
by Suicide_lili / July 8, 2007 6:58 AM PDT
In reply to: Limewire

thank you so much for this ive had vista for 2 months and i was going to loose it without access to music.... i got rid of mccaffe and all problems solved. if you guys cant fix it just delete mccaffe and get avg then ur limewire should work. peice of cake.

Collapse -
Lots of Problems
by zolasherman / July 27, 2007 10:04 AM PDT

I installed Limewire and I cannot open it up. I paid for it and requested help or my money back and I got a message saying they do not do refunds! All I want is to run my Limewire.

I never had much problem with XP but now have Vista and I am having all kinds of problems! I sure could use some help.

Collapse -
FYI: Limewire is freeware...
by John.Wilkinson / July 27, 2007 2:14 PM PDT
In reply to: Lots of Problems

Whoever sold it to you made a quick buck, for Limewire is actually freeware...there is no fee to download or use it. Just download the latest version (download.com offers it) and see if it helps.

John

P.S. Remember, most content on P2P networks and torrents is pirated or otherwise illegal, so be careful to avoid such downloads.

Collapse -
try this!
by heymissy1230 / July 30, 2007 12:46 PM PDT
In reply to: Lots of Problems

hey just go and follow ozz steps. i just did it today and it worked and i been having vista for over 2 months and nuttin worked except wen i did wat ozz did so try it ,it might work 4 u, goodluck!

Collapse -
MP3 download problems
by dazenman / November 23, 2007 10:58 PM PST

I have just bought a pc with vista home. I downloaded Morpheus and when I try to download mp3's I'm prevented.
I had many mp3's on my old pc which ran on XP. Unfortunately, it's broken beyond repair & my videos and mp3's gone with it.
Any suggestions as to what I can do?? Do you recommend me try some other P2P thats less hectic than Morpheus.

Thanks.

Collapse -
to be download the program limewire
by suze-tb / December 28, 2007 8:07 AM PST

i had the same problem... and i have read the help menu and see the step. this is for running with vista.

- go on internet explorer
- go on tools menu
- choose the internet options
- go on security tab
- on level security level allowing, put medium (for icone <internet> and do the same for <intranet>).
- then click ok

do this, restart your computer.

it will works. I had the same problem

Suzy

Collapse -
Another solution
by WheelerCub / January 10, 2008 6:34 AM PST
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.