Windows Vista forum

General discussion

Limewire and Vista Home?

I am running Vista Home Premium Edition and can not get limewire to work. Limewire boots up and just gets to the connecting phase. It wont go any further. I also have Trend Micro Internet Security 2008 with no firewall. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Limewire and Vista Home?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Limewire and Vista Home?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I also forgot

In reply to: Limewire and Vista Home?

to mention that i have looked at a lot of posts and they haven't helped me

Collapse -
Danger Will Robinson

In reply to: Limewire and Vista Home?

Danger Will Robinson! Limewire is an absolutely fantastic way to find your system flooded with viruses and other unwanted things. Plus, probably better than 99% of the content on the network is illegal.

Consider this to be a blessing in disguise. Besides that, aiding and abetting piracy is against both forum policies and the law.

Collapse -
Problem Fixed

In reply to: Danger Will Robinson

I fixed it

Collapse -
Good

In reply to: Problem Fixed

Good, I'm sure the entertainment industry is glad to hear it. Or rather their lawyers are.

Collapse -
Not all content is illegal...

In reply to: Good

I use Limewire for legitimate file sharing without having to use other sharing software. It's a very helpful and easy program.

Collapse -
I never said

In reply to: Not all content is illegal...

I never said there aren't legitimate uses of the program, I merely stated that probably more than 99% of all the content on the network is illegally distributed. Plus, the RIAA, MPAA, and their across the pond counterparts have taken to just carpet bombing ANYONE they find using file sharing programs with legal settlement notices. There's the great example of some lady they sued who doesn't even OWN a computer.

Plus, honestly, what do you suppose the odds are that the original poster is going to be using Limewire only for legal uses? I think we both know we'd have better odds of getting hit by lightning after surviving a plane crash while on our way to collect our lottery winnings.

Collapse -
uh

In reply to: I never said

i dont use it illegally fyi

Collapse -
Please help me.

In reply to: Problem Fixed

Hi,I'm having the same problem with Limewire as you on Vista.
You said you have fixed it, could you please tell me how.

Kind regards,
Mick.

Message was edited by: admin to remove personal attack.

Collapse -
agreed

In reply to: Danger Will Robinson

+1

Jeff- Windows Outreach Team

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.