Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Liberals and Conservatives Agreee: Heaven Forfend!

by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / June 16, 2007 2:11 AM PDT
Bob Barker says Rosie O'Donnell could replace him

>> Bob Barker endorsed his friend Rosie O'Donnell as a possible successor on "The Price Is Right," although the newly retired host isn't sure CBS wants a woman to take over the game show. "I believe they're going to have a meeting with Rosie," Barker said backstage Friday night at the Daytime Emmy Awards, where he won his 19th trophy.

"She knows the show," he said. "There's no doubt in my mind she could do the show. Now, whether they want a lady host, I don't know. I've never heard that discussed. As far as I know, they've only auditioned men." <<

Last time I looked up "obnoxious" in the dictionary, there were accompanying pictures of Rosie and Donald Trump.

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Liberals and Conservatives Agreee: Heaven Forfend!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Liberals and Conservatives Agreee: Heaven Forfend!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
But the article has and suggest no political overtones
by Steven Haninger / June 16, 2007 2:53 AM PDT

And how could it? I suppose the host could blame a too high price on the current (or even past) administration in his/her comments but don't think it would be wise to add political commentary on an inane game show. Politics is inane enough all on it's own. Wink

Collapse -
(NT) Boy, did I mess up that title. :-)
by Steven Haninger / June 16, 2007 2:54 AM PDT
Collapse -
I thought Dave K
by Steven Haninger / June 16, 2007 3:20 AM PDT

just had mixed emotions and blended "forbid" and "defend". Happy

Collapse -
I didn't want to question the use
by Patricia89 / June 16, 2007 3:23 AM PDT
In reply to: I thought Dave K

of the word. Being critical is not my thing.

Collapse -
Don't need to be too shy
by Steven Haninger / June 16, 2007 3:45 AM PDT

Playful criticism, ribbings, etc. are generally tolerated...depending on skin thickness of your "victim". Enjoy!

Collapse -
From Webster's online:
by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / June 16, 2007 1:05 PM PDT
In reply to: I thought Dave K

forfend
One entry found for forfend.
Main Entry: for

Collapse -
And BTW
by Steven Haninger / June 16, 2007 3:23 AM PDT

welcome to SE....getting all mixed up is the rule and not the exception. Happy

Collapse -
Thank you for the welcome
by Patricia89 / June 16, 2007 3:25 AM PDT
In reply to: And BTW

nice forum you have here.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?