Question

LG32LD790 slow motion signal

Suddenly today we're getting slow motion picture and sound. I have checked and it's the TV not the Humax. Other TVs work so it's not the signal.

The set is at least 3 years old. Anybody got any ideas please? Has there been a software/firmware update?

Stuck in the kitchen watching a tiny set so any suggestions welcomed ???

Discussion is locked

Answer
Follow
Reply to: LG32LD790 slow motion signal
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: LG32LD790 slow motion signal
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
What is a slow motion signal?

Here the TVs use antennas and some are wired up so what is this about a Humax? What's a Humax?

- Collapse -
Imagine speech in slow motion

Unfortunately I can't upload a video or can I? Anyway it's just as I say, imagine slowing down the picture and sound.

Humax are the leading brand of PVR's in the UK. Are you in the US?

I find this quite a difficult forum, not very intuitive and not able to upload mp4 except if posted on Youtube? Any help appreciated.

- Collapse -
Software corrupt?

Other sources have suggested corrupted software, problem is neither the USB or ethernet sockets are accessible either since the problem started. They were before this.

- Collapse -
USA here.

Also with trips to Canada. But the usual is to factory reset and if it's still broken ask the seller or maker where to get it fixed.

However 32 inch sets here retail at 99USD and slightly more so repair out of warranty is never done. It costs more than a replacement set which can upset those used to the old days when you had everything repaired.

As to the uploads, the forum does not do that. So I have Youtube and Imgur.com for when I need to share a video or picture. But in your case I can't see how that would help.

CNET Forums

Forum Info