TVs & Home Theaters forum

Question

LG UH661V headphone output volume level

I've got an LG 49UH661V tv and while I was trying to connect Genelec 6010A speakers through headphone output, the volume level is way too high even when volume level = 1.
Also tried with 8020C speakers, and the speakers own volume control in the front seems "over sensitive". And third test was with headphones. Also way too high volume level, and really no change in the volume level when increased from 1 to 15!

Is this really a LG feature, or a bug in the component, or what?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LG UH661V headphone output volume level
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LG UH661V headphone output volume level
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Did you check the manual about line level or fixed ouput?

In reply to: LG UH661V headphone output volume level

I'm going to read the manual at http://www.lg.com/uk/support/support-product/lg-49UH661V

And we are done.

"This function is available on certain models or in certain countries only."

LG opted to not document this connection but on many sets it's for use with a soundbar with volume controlled by the sound bar.

Since the speakers have no volume control, this seems a poor match to this TV.

Collapse -
LG manual checked

In reply to: Did you check the manual about line level or fixed ouput?

Thanks for the comment.

"Since the speakers have no volume control, this seems a poor match to this TV."
The speakers do have volume control..

One suggestion was to add Genelec 9000A between, but what does that help, if my speakers have own volume adjustment already? Of course it is set to very low level so it's not the cause here either.

Collapse -
Best to try.

In reply to: LG manual checked

As to the volume control I used google and genelec's own docs and found no volume control.

Next time supply product links so I won't find the wrong product.

Also, LG was less than forthcoming on their product docs. This is why I'm going with these are a poor match. As to the addition, until LG documents their product, your guess is as good as mine.

Collapse -
Solution

In reply to: Best to try.

Collapse -
Nice thing to have.

In reply to: Solution

My approach here was to find the specs to see what could be done. But specs were elusive as I googled the supplied part numbers and found the wrong model. Anyhow, good device to deal with the issue.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.