Question

LG UF6800 or Samsung J6300

Dec 30, 2015 7:27AM PST

Budget wise, these two tvs mentionned in the title are the same or really close to each other. From different site and other references, I understood that the J6300 was better overall but as the UF6800 has 4K resolution, I'm questionning myself if at the same price, it wouldn't be a great idea to have the 4K feature as well as 120 Hz feature instead of 120 motion.

I will watch it from 12' away when in the living room and 18-20' when in my kitchen (open area). The room will have normal to a bit more natural ligthing (windows) than usual. I like to watch sports and movies more than anything else.

Thank you!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: LG UF6800 or Samsung J6300
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: LG UF6800 or Samsung J6300
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
55''
Dec 30, 2015 7:30AM PST

NOTE : It wasn't mentionned in the post but I'm looking for a 55'' screen.

- Collapse -
Bob's advice is good, plus one more issue to look at
Dec 30, 2015 8:42AM PST

The Carleton Bale chart is a good one to use for a ballpark idea of what might make sense for equipping a HT space.

That said, even *more* important is the overall PQ comparison between the two HDTVs. Which looks better, regardless of which specification is supposedly 'newer' or 'better'/'higher', etc.? That requires some more digging, and don't forget to take into account content from a specific type of input (e.g. Comcast cable box for movies & sports, vs. Netflix streaming services). I highly suggest you also post the same question over at AVS forum to see what other tidbits may be gleaned from others who have owned/purchased either of those two models.

Good luck.

- Collapse -
Answer
At 12 feet and 55 inch HDTV. Checking the chart.
Dec 30, 2015 7:41AM PST

CNET Forums

Forum Info