Question

LG SmartTV unable to load home

My LG 47LM671S would not respond after i press the menu or my apps button. Just loading circle appears and after a few minutes it disappears and nothing happens. Everything has been working ok for the last 2 months

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: LG SmartTV unable to load home
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: LG SmartTV unable to load home
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
what version i have 04.40.19

this is whats causing issue but on lg website it has 4.20.23 as latest

- Collapse -
Answer
LG announcments

LG have screwed up, this is on the u k version on their website.

It has come to our attention that some of our customers are experiencing issues with their 2012 range Smart TVs after performing the latest software update.

Issue:

When trying to use the Smart TV features the TV will display the normal 'Loading' screen and then will not continue.

Solution:
1.Disconnect wired network
2.Execute Factory Reset (SETUP->OPTIONS->FACTORY RESET)
3.Setup TV
4.Connect wired network

This is only a temporary solution and we are working hard to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

For further details please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Information Centre on 0844 847 5454.

- Collapse -
LG42LB5800 Unrespponsive

Hi my LG Smart TV 42LB5800 turn on unresponsive after on with the clock alarm, after that day when turn on I decide to change the channel and down the volume but when I try to down the Volume wasn't possible only turn on and off with the remote control, I can't access to main menu to restart it, I can't change channel, volume, inputs, nothing! no connects to WiFi or Ethernet, what I have to do? LG told me that warranty was end!

Cry Confused Shocked

- Collapse -
lg tv not working after new update

tv is showing power but screen is not wrking....home screen is not. coming kindly help me in restroring process as well

- Collapse -
lg tv not working after new update

tv is showing power but screen is not wrking....home screen is not. coming kindly help me in restroring process as well

- Collapse -
This takes LG or LG techs to recover.

Time to call LG. Be sure you did a full reset on the set (ask LG how) as some of these updates require that but don't tell you.

- Collapse -
Answer
please help

i have a lg47lm670t when i press my home or input it says loading and nothing happens ,when i factory reset or initialise premium app it restarts tv then all seem to work until i turn off tv then on again then the issue arises again ,so in a nutshell i cannot change from hdmi 1 to hdmi2 by pressing input and if i press wring button like dtv the i cannot watch anything as i cannot change input so i have to factory reset...is it just me or others in the same boat or is my tv broken and i need a new one

- Collapse -
are we all on version 04.40.19 which i have installed curren

is this the latest vrsn causing problem as lg website has 4.20.23 as latest

- Collapse -
Answer
Had the same problem

Hi

I had the same problem yesterday. I talked to LG support and now it works again.

If your remote doesn't have a Settings button, then press the Settings Button on the back of your TV. In Settings - navigate to Support - then press Initialisation of Premium. The TV will now restart and hopefully it should work now.

If not, go to Settings, then go to Option and then Factory Reset.

(I have a 47LM669T, but I guess it got the same menus)

Hope that helps.

- Collapse -
Hey I had same problem, too!

I have LG LS5700 My LG 37LS5700 would not respond after I press the menu or my apps button. Just loading circle appears and after a few minutes it disappears and nothing happens. Everything has been working ok for the last 6 months. What should I do? And I'm from Bosnia and Herzegovina. Please help. Thank's!!!

- Collapse -
Hey I fix problem

Ok, that's how I fixed problem on my Smart LG 37LS5700: go to the settings button, than in settings navigate to Support, than press Initialisation of Premium. The tv will restart and tv work fine now.

- Collapse -
Answer
Problem fixed

There is a new software - 4.40 I have been with the 4.20 so far and as far as I understand this has been the problem. After I have updated the software to 4.40 everything is working propery now. I suppose that resetting the original settings would also work but I didn't want to try this before I have tried anything else

- Collapse -
Actualization

Yes. You are right. I had to actualize my firmware. There was set automatic actualization in my TV LG 42LM670s. I had to wait for completion of actualization. I think it is problem to use applications during downloading actualization.

- Collapse -
Answer
Channel in menu

I can't click on channel in menu on my LG TV it is grey. Why is this?

CNET Forums