LG forum

Rant

LG Optimis Dynamic storage question

by AugmentedFire979 / October 10, 2013 10:51 AM PDT

So, I recently had my old Smasung phone die out on me so I went out and grabbed a cheap LG Optimus Dynamic for $80. I wasn't expecting a lot, because of the price, but this issue is just kind of senseless.

I've tried downloading a few apps (literally like 4), and my phone's storage is already full. There is an internal memory with a bunch of empty space, but I can't find any way to make it my default storage device. It also won't let me manually move any of the apps to the internal storage when I try to do it from the app manager in settings.

Is there a way to make the internal storage the primary storage versus the phone storage? If not, that's insanely ridiculous to have a bunch of memory you can't use.

HELP!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LG Optimis Dynamic storage question
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LG Optimis Dynamic storage question
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
This looks like a repeat of prior questions.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 10, 2013 11:00 AM PDT

Due to a change in Google's Android you may not find a move to SD card feature any longer. This means you have to be picky about what apps you install. That memory is useful for your photos, MP3 and such.

Sorry but as this area has been asked some thousand times I will defer to prior discussions and again, this is what this OS delivers on some phones.
Bob

Collapse -
Really?
by AugmentedFire979 / October 10, 2013 11:08 AM PDT

So you're saying it's literally what I said it was and it's a waste of space?

If it's been asked a thousand times, you'd think they'd do something about it.

I can only have 4 downloaded apps on my phone ever? What a joke. Guess I have to return it.

Collapse -
Also,
by AugmentedFire979 / October 10, 2013 11:12 AM PDT
In reply to: Really?

I've downloaded MP3's as well, and they're all trying to save to phone storage. How would I place them in my internal memory?

Collapse -
Nod to
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 11, 2013 12:42 PM PDT
In reply to: Also,

I use a file manager to move things around.

Collapse -
Yeah,
by AugmentedFire979 / October 13, 2013 11:13 AM PDT
In reply to: Nod to

I would use a file manager to move things, but I can't install anything because there's no room on the storage. How can I have so much empty space on the internal storage and SD, and not be able to use any of it? It's really baffling to me. I've been looking for an answer to this for days. My only conclusion is that LG needs to get their **** together.

Collapse -
Sorry but
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 13, 2013 11:36 AM PDT
In reply to: Yeah,

I too found it to be a desolate wasteland of information but as the office began to port apps to Android I learned more but can't explain memory spaces and why the android devices are so fragmented.

I am only nodding that some phones in a ploy to get the price right may pull back the memory so low that it would be challenging to install more than a few apps and then more challenges to use the memory card.

The industry isn't doing anyone a favor here since you might be so turned off by this low end android that you may miss out on a better one.
Bob

Collapse -
As you can guess
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 11, 2013 12:42 PM PDT
In reply to: Really?

Some huge app may not fit at all.

You can find your issue in prior discussion in too many forums. Sorry if I defer you to XDA and such forums but it's not an unknown issue or topic. I see some will get cheesed about this. Both for the lack of replies or maybe worse.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.