TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

LG LW9800 dedicated thread...

I saw LW9800 for the first time on the weekend and it was
just amazing. Its colors and black levels were excellent and its 3D performance
was also amazing. I'm already happy with my LW6500 but this TV is definitely
more upscale than LW6500. Very nice and clean images both in 2D and 3D. It also
looks gorgeous. Although it's a bit pricey, I think it's definitely worth the
money. I read Cnet's review of this TV and I was little surprised to be honest.
I don't mean to be disrespectful but I wanted to ask David Katzmaier what he
was talking about when he wrote 'lighter black level' and worse 3D image
quality overall... Even the user reviews say that LW9800 has great black level
and high quality 3D image. I wonder if Cnet is really biased and favor Samsung
as they say....

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LG LW9800 dedicated thread...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LG LW9800 dedicated thread...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Funny you should mention a bias toward Samsung . . .

In reply to: LG LW9800 dedicated thread...

CNet has a dedicated Samsung forum. One wonders how many palms are greased to have a specific forum dedicated to a specific vendor. Maybe LG wouldn't fork over any, ah, uh, gratuity.

Just say'n and observation.

Collapse -
Funny.

In reply to: Funny you should mention a bias toward Samsung . . .

Collapse -
(NT) Yep, I missed it.

In reply to: Funny.

Collapse -
Have you done a side-by-side comparison?

If not, well then, it's hard to be certain.

Collapse -
Man, I really really want that TV.

I mean, im satisfied with my TV already, (LW6500) and I even have a Samsung model. The Full ray NANO LED just looks too nice. I might purchase this TV as well in the next couple months...maybe. Good to see LG products elevating over the rest of the passive TV brands.

By the way kees_b, I'm not saying that there is bias on Cnet torwards Samsung products. That can be an opinion, however this is fact: Neil Ashe and Jae Yong Lee (Fomer CEO of CNET/ President of Samsung Electronics, COO) were both friends and colleagues at Harvard while both studying for their MBA. THIS IS FACT. I'm sure when Jim Lazone took the torch from Ashe, he also received instructions from CBS on how to run CNET however this doesnt deny the fact he could have received "other" instructions from Neil Ashe. I don't want to state my sources on here but anyone who knows how to surf and search the internet can find that these two people (ashe and Jae yong lee) have studied at harvard during the same exact time for their MBA.

Collapse -
very good info

In reply to: Man, I really really want that TV.

I read about that somewhere a while ago, I can't seem to remember where. It would also seem that the socialites all have the same circle of connections. I'm pretty sure some of this stuff may be too deep for some cnet users to swallow.

Collapse -
We have it.

We got the TV about 2 weeks ago. It is incredible. The colors are great, black is black. No halo issues. And 3D is fabulous. The magic remote is a little sensitive. If someone bumps it, suddenly the crosshairs show up on the screen, but so far no complaints.

I went to write a review on Amazon, but the TV is no longer available. In fact, I could not find it available anywhere. Does anyone here have an update regarding that? I'd hate to think the TV is obsolete before it gets started.... Maybe demand exceeded expectations?

Collapse -
One possibility

In reply to: We have it.

The model likely has been, or shortly will be replaced by something else. That's how it usually works with consumer electronics....

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.