LG forum

Question

LG E400f Mobile Phone - 2 help questions on "how to"

by blondeme / June 19, 2015 9:06 PM PDT

I have tried to sort this out for ages now so i decided to ask for advice here.
First of all for months now when i receive a text message with a photo from someone when i tap the image it actually "plays" for 5 seconds, like a video would. And i want it as a normal image so i can 'stretch' it larger to see it clearer.
When I actually take a photo with the phone it is normal where i tap it and it is actually an image and i can 'stretch' it larger – which i like to do.
How can i make the received photos from other people normal i.e. not to play – so i can stretch it?

Secondly, i can attach the phone with its usb cord to my desktop pc. I can manage to 'open the folder to view files' on my pc monitor. But on the computer when i look into every single folder of my mobile phone to find my short videos all i can find are jpg images.I cannot find actual short videos to view on the pc monitor.I do see a jpg image for each of the videos in that folder alongside all the regular jpg photos in that same folder (DCIM).
I would like to be able to plug into the pc and simply view the short videos i have taken on my mobile phone, and then simply transfer those videos intact onto the pc.
How can i do this please?
I am an amateur mobile phone user so if i have missed any details just ask away.
Thanks for any help you may be able to offer.......

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LG E400f Mobile Phone - 2 help questions on "how to"
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LG E400f Mobile Phone - 2 help questions on "how to"
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
I'm going with no to the plug in the phone to the PC
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 20, 2015 7:31 AM PDT

I'd forget that and just pull the memory card out to be read/copied out with a reader.

Images in SMS are likely stored elsewhere and being an Android phone you won't find any standard to where those pictures are stored or exported to. I've had to install other than stock messaging to fix such things. I find that I can not pick such an app for folk. Try a few on the Google Play store until you get one that can export what you want.

Collapse -
Answer
What I use.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 20, 2015 7:38 AM PDT

I installed Dropbox to sidestep the photo transfer work. Now it's automatic when I get home.

Your post may have had more than one problem to solve. For example if I send you a short video via text, it would do as you asked. You would have to tell me to stop doing that. If it is some photo that only show for 5 seconds then it's an APP issue. If an app doesn't do what you want, you replace it. Many Android owners forget or never knew that.

Collapse -
Thank you
by blondeme / June 22, 2015 7:42 AM PDT
In reply to: What I use.

for your advice - I am not sure i quite understand all that you are saying. But i shall ask my son to look at your response in the next day or so so he can help me. I shall let you know how it goes....

Collapse -
After this it gets technical.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 22, 2015 7:56 AM PDT
In reply to: Thank you

The person sending the message can change/control display times.
http://support.nowsms.com/discus/messages/485/8370.html and other discussions write about the .sml file and how to use it.

For most folk they'll want to play with the text message app settings. Or change message apps.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.