If anybody is out there and frustrated with their LG CU 500 USB cable problem in trying to transfer photos to their PC, follow these steps:
1. Go to My Stuff
2. Select #4 Graphics
3. Highlight the desired photo you want to move.
4. Click Options (top right button on phone)
5. select #5 Move
6. Select #2 Memory Card
7. Open folder (I recommend you create a folder to put your photo in)
8. Select Paste (upper left button)
9. The photo will now show up in its original spot on the phone, but will have a memory card icon next to it.
10. Using the C button, go back to step number 4 and repeat for every photo that you want to move to your PC. Unfortunately, there is no "Select All" option although there is a "Delete All."
11. When all photos have been transferred to the memory card, turn off your phone.
12. Remove the battery pack from your phone and remove the micro chip.
13. Insert micro chip into the SanDisk microSd/TransFlash Adaptor.
14. Plug this adaptor into the slot on your PC made for it.
15. When the window opens on your PC screen, select the option of viewing the files using Windows Explorer.
16. Using My Computer, find the Adaptor card.
17. Open the folder you created for the pictures and then, under Edit on the PC, select all files.
18. Drop and drag all the photos to your My Pictures folder on the PC.
Now you can do whatever you want with them. Don't forget to go back to your cell phone and remove the pictures from it or you'll have to scroll past them to repeat this maneauver with new photos.
Yeah, it's a pain but at least now you can get the photos off your phone and use them without having the data option on your phone service.
Hope this helps.