Phones forum

General discussion

LG CU 500

I've been looking at this phone for a while but i don't know if it's any good, does anybody owns one that can tell me what would you wanted to be changed in this phone? Also i would like to know if you can use as a modem with a mac? thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LG CU 500
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LG CU 500
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Not Recommended

In reply to: LG CU 500

I do not own this phone, but my brother has for the past few weeks. He has already decided that he is returning it this weekend. He says he has far too many dropped calls, static on the other end and often cannot access his voicemail on a regular basis.

The other reviews I had heard about the phone had been positive for the most part, so it is possible that he just happened to buy a lemon. Either way, thought you should know. Good luck.

Collapse -
LG CU500 reviews

Collapse -
LG CU 500

Hi, I've got this phone and it's a great phone. I've never had a dropped call and it takes great pictures, holds a lot of pictures and even holds music. Here's where it sucks; trying to get the music and pictures off the phone using the USB cable. I was only able to add wma files to the phone using Windows Media Player because the USB hardware is not recognized by my computer. I'm running the newest version of everything and still it won't recognize the USB. Keeps saying hardware not recognized; may not work right or something like that. I haven't figured out what it will take to get the pictures off yet. Apparently this is a common problem because I've read other comments on it from other users. Even following the directions step-by-step, this is a problem. I suspect it's to force people to get the data option on the phone. And if that's the case, get a different phone and save yourself the hassle. Me, I'm going to figure it out-so help me.

Collapse -
Solution to LG CU 500 file transfer problem

If anybody is out there and frustrated with their LG CU 500 USB cable problem in trying to transfer photos to their PC, follow these steps:
1. Go to My Stuff
2. Select #4 Graphics
3. Highlight the desired photo you want to move.
4. Click Options (top right button on phone)
5. select #5 Move
6. Select #2 Memory Card
7. Open folder (I recommend you create a folder to put your photo in)
8. Select Paste (upper left button)
9. The photo will now show up in its original spot on the phone, but will have a memory card icon next to it.
10. Using the C button, go back to step number 4 and repeat for every photo that you want to move to your PC. Unfortunately, there is no "Select All" option although there is a "Delete All."
11. When all photos have been transferred to the memory card, turn off your phone.
12. Remove the battery pack from your phone and remove the micro chip.
13. Insert micro chip into the SanDisk microSd/TransFlash Adaptor.
14. Plug this adaptor into the slot on your PC made for it.
15. When the window opens on your PC screen, select the option of viewing the files using Windows Explorer.
16. Using My Computer, find the Adaptor card.
17. Open the folder you created for the pictures and then, under Edit on the PC, select all files.
18. Drop and drag all the photos to your My Pictures folder on the PC.

Now you can do whatever you want with them. Don't forget to go back to your cell phone and remove the pictures from it or you'll have to scroll past them to repeat this maneauver with new photos.

Yeah, it's a pain but at least now you can get the photos off your phone and use them without having the data option on your phone service.

Hope this helps.

Collapse -
some files work, others don't

In reply to: Solution to LG CU 500 file transfer problem

I have been using that technique, and for video it works every time. But the JPG format either has bugs or the Sandisk micro card is not formatting properly, as most of the photos WinXP can't seem to read. It says I have the latest software updates. Any ideas?

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.