Question

LG Cinema Home Theater LH-885XBH Firmware Update Issue

Hey guys;

I looked and searched topics about this question, but could not find anything useful. (If there is one, my bad, I apologize for that). Wink

OK. I have a lg home theater LH-885XBH (called Apollo 1st generation) - 3D Capable (manufactured for middle-eastern by LG, as you may know not the world edition).

the device was showing the new version avaiable, but there is no new version could be downloading via the internet, so i did a local search in my region and found and installed the software update via USB sticker but! that's the problem (NO Driver!, Driver version was gone and showed only squres!!! and the Devices LCD showed LDR NG) so i have updated twice double time even with the Loader/Driver but NOP, the same problem and the Optical drive with the "Play, Pause, Next, Previous, Eject" didn't work with the message of "LDR NG" on the device LCD.

Finaly I found the same model for the player with the same numbering *.zip file for the BD670 just as like as my home theater but the blu-ray player of the world edition. Happy but after updating the device doesn't function, No controls and after booting, loops on the message of "PLEASE WAIT". Oh wrong update! now the device is unuseful‼ Sad playing audio file via USB stickers got no audible voices! surrounding system doesn't play audio! I mean speakers got no sound! Plain

tips:
◘ Is there any factory based software for IC Programming? or anything like that?
◘ Or what if I get a BD670's remote controller? Does it work at all?!

hey guys, what can i do? Any suggestion?

thanks in advice, ☻
sincerely, Hamed!

Post was last edited on September 1, 2018 9:15 AM PDT

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: LG Cinema Home Theater LH-885XBH Firmware Update Issue
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: LG Cinema Home Theater LH-885XBH Firmware Update Issue
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Firmware issues

Are back to the maker for such troubles. Most devices have safeguards to block installing the wrong firmware but not all devices block. Hope it's cheap to fix.

- Collapse -
service center

they told me the main-board (MPEG board) should be replace! Sad
the devices problem is only software issue not the e-unit part!
any idea?

anyway thanks for your reply.

- Collapse -
Here's why they change the board.

Because they never issued a tool or procedure to flash that part so the board is changed. Really irks folk that have knowledge about programming chips.

CNET Forums

Forum Info