PC Hardware forum

General discussion

LG 8x DVD DUAL R/RW/RAM Int Ide Burner - OEM

Hi there i have:
amd xp 2400+ proccessor
20gig harddrive and 512sdram running windows ME.
The problem is when I try to burn a dvd with my LG 8x DVD DUAL R/RW/RAM Int Ide Burner - OEM it never works.
It shows up in my computer and reads dvds fine.
Any ideas?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LG 8x DVD DUAL R/RW/RAM Int Ide Burner - OEM
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LG 8x DVD DUAL R/RW/RAM Int Ide Burner - OEM
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: LG 8x DVD DUAL R/RW/RAM Int Ide Burner - ME?

In reply to: LG 8x DVD DUAL R/RW/RAM Int Ide Burner - OEM

With this old OS having limits on filesizes of over 4GB and more, it's likely the 9+GB DVD burning could have severe issues in this OS.

Also, your DVD recording software could cost more than what this drive with the bundled software costs.

I'd return the bare drive and get a bundle.

Bob

Collapse -

In reply to: Re: LG 8x DVD DUAL R/RW/RAM Int Ide Burner - ME?

do you have any recommendations of software which I could use?
I could try demos or trials.

Collapse -

In reply to: Re: LG 8x DVD DUAL R/RW/RAM Int Ide Burner - ME?

The problem is still this. Nero and/or Roxio would still cost you more at the end of the day than a drive with the software bundled.

If you are using a DOS based Windows, then problems will follow you forever. Those versions were never completed.

The five CD/DVD recording softwares I use (across some number of machines are:

Nero
Roxio
CDBurnerXP
Click'n'burn
K3b

Recording software for specialized funtions are:

Dvdshrink
Dvddecryptor

For clarity, I think all these are great and use them when needed. I offer zero support for such and will not enter into any discussion about which is best.
Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.