Question

LG 55ln5710-TE may 2013

i have been reading all the answers to the LG smart TV questions on this forum.
mine is a little different to all,
i turn on the tv and it will work perfectly for hours, then boom! just goes off and all i have is the stationary LG logo flashing on and off.
if i leave it plugged in it never changes
But if i unplug it for a few hours 9 times out of 10 it will work again for anywhere from 1 hour to 10 hours.
obviously the powering down by unplugging seems to be the key to the diagnosis.
i was told it is probably a capacitor in the mother board?
but ive looked and none look swollen
any tips would be really appreciated as my local repair guy want $90AU just to take a look
cheers
downunder 3

Discussion is locked

Answer
Follow
Reply to: LG 55ln5710-TE may 2013
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: LG 55ln5710-TE may 2013
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Capacitors, Electrolytic can wear out without....

With no external sign, electrolytic caps do lose capacity. This info is in the datasheets and on the web. Since it sounds power related, you could take a gamble with a new power board. The next board is the big one (main board.)

But try something. Disable the smart part of the TV and see if it stays up. Sometimes that works and we advise getting a Roku box or stick.

- Collapse -
disable smart tv

thankyou great advice i will try to disable the smart tv first
i assume that can be done in settings from the remote

CNET Forums

Forum Info