Question

LG 49LJ550M Default input source

Apr 14, 2018 5:18AM PDT

I only have one question which has been killing me. I have a LG 49LJ550M tv and can not figure out for the life of me how to change the power on default input source. It is currently on live tv and I don't have cable so I get that lovely static sound every single time I turn on the TV. I have other input sources hooked up also. Can anyone help please!!!

Discussion is locked

Answer
Follow
Reply to: LG 49LJ550M Default input source
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: LG 49LJ550M Default input source
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Re: default input source
Apr 14, 2018 6:26AM PDT

The first 2 google hits if I search for "LG 49LJ550M Default input source" (without quotes, just your subject line) are your posts here and on avsforum.com.
The third hit is a youtube video showing how to do in in hotel mode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5V1yFHB20M

Don't you love google (youtube is google also)?

To be fair: on BIng that video was the top hit. It didn't (yet?) show your two posts.

Post was last edited on April 14, 2018 6:39 AM PDT

- Collapse -
Thanks
Apr 14, 2018 6:50AM PDT

Hey thanks for the reply. Yea I posted on avforuns first but they said they were uk based and couldnt help. I watched that video beforehand and does nothing for my model tv. Ill keep searching and trying things.

- Collapse -
Answer
I found little about this model.
Apr 14, 2018 9:01AM PDT

BUT will share a generic solution I've used for some time. If I find the set defaults to antenna and there is no input I have to fish around the menus for options to disable inputs. If I can disable the antenna input I found it starts on the next input.

Remember there are sets you can't do this on. Annoying but the idea you would start on anything but antenna is quite new.

- Collapse -
Answer
Change LG input from live tv
May 8, 2018 9:05AM PDT

I have been going crazy looking all over to do the same thing, and all I get is that hotel video. In my case I want to start on the YouTube tv app as that's all I have. I guess instructions to start on any app versus an input would be helpful. Waiting hopefully. Thanks

- Collapse -
Answer
Generic Solution
Aug 17, 2018 9:56AM PDT

I couldn't figure out how to change the default input, but I went through the channel setup (though nothing is connected) and now instead of static, it's tells me there is no signal, on a black, quiet screen.

- Collapse -
Answer
Same problem and I think I found a solution.
Jun 2, 2019 12:48AM PDT

Like you, I hated the TV turning on to loud static bc I only use apps like Hulu and Netflix. I think I found a solution if you're still looking!

If I open all settings -> Channels -> Channel Tuning -> Manual Tuning, then select Cable DTV, then just add any channel even though it will have no signal. Now the TV seems to default to this channel, for which I get a nice screen saver background and a quiet no signal message. I think the key is tricking the TV to look for a digital channel you've added instead of defaulting to satellite or something. Not sure but it seems to work. Really stupid that you can't just easily select a default input to start on.

- Collapse -
Worked for me
Sep 3, 2019 7:18PM PDT

Did this and now my LG simply goes to the most recent app or channel I was watching when I powered down.

- Collapse -
thanks
Sep 27, 2019 7:53PM PDT

thanks you.. I did it Grin

- Collapse -
Worked for me too.
Dec 28, 2019 8:31AM PST

Brilliant simple solution. Thanks for sharing this!

- Collapse -
(NT) Same problem a
Jan 6, 2020 7:56PM PST
- Collapse -
(NT) Same proble
Jan 6, 2020 7:56PM PST
- Collapse -
Didn’t work for OLED
Jan 6, 2020 7:57PM PST

I tried it and like others all you get is a screen saver. This is frustrating.

- Collapse -
Whew!
Jan 19, 2020 5:06PM PST

You saved me from throwing my tv out!!

CNET Forums

Forum Info