LG forum

Question

LG 42LN577V - 100Hz

by Katxap / June 10, 2014 5:54 AM PDT

Hi,
I recently bought my new tv LG 42LN577V in black with 100Hz, 3 HDMI's and a lot of other stuff.
What is bothering me is that every setting is only 60Hz when it says the tv should be 100.
I play a lot of playstation on it so I was looking for a tv with minimum 100hz but then I see it says 60hz when I use any HDMI port.
How is this possible? I've tried looking in my settings but I can't seem to figure it out.
Any help is very much appreciated.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LG 42LN577V - 100Hz
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LG 42LN577V - 100Hz
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Keep in mind this is an oft asked question.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 10, 2014 5:56 AM PDT
In reply to: LG 42LN577V - 100Hz

The on screen display shows the input rate. Since the panel always runs at 100, why would it ever show the panel rate?
Bob

Collapse -
Hi
by Katxap / June 10, 2014 6:04 AM PDT

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean?
What I mean is that it's only 60hz when it's supposed to be 100, and I'm asking howcome and how I change that, since I specifically bought it because of the 100hz.

Collapse -
Sorry, but you'll never see 100.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 10, 2014 6:06 AM PDT
In reply to: Hi

The panel rate is a fixed 100. So it makes no sense to show that but rather the input rate. As you control that, change it on the video card and see it.
Bob

Collapse -
so..
by Katxap / June 10, 2014 6:20 AM PDT

So you're saying I can change this manually but change is on the video card? Where do I find that because I've been looking everywhere

Collapse -
Sorry but
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 10, 2014 6:33 AM PDT
In reply to: so..

I think we covered why you never will see the panel rate. As to video card settings I can't guess what PC, video card and OS you have but here's an example on some random PC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkjUx9dA39Q

Collapse -
eh
by Katxap / June 10, 2014 4:41 PM PDT
In reply to: Sorry but

this has nothing to do with my computer. I only use my playstations on the tv and rarely watches any channels.

Collapse -
Did you understand why the panel rate is never shown?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 10, 2014 4:46 PM PDT
In reply to: eh

To show that would be a waste of effort. Showing the input rate matters as you have so much to supply to the set. So if you were trying to get your 24p title to be 24p, if the set showed it's panel rate of 120, well what good would that be?
Bob

Collapse -
(NT) Oops. Wrong country. In yours, it's 100.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 10, 2014 4:47 PM PDT
Collapse -
Answer
LG 42LN577V
by LG_Electronics LG staff / June 11, 2014 4:52 AM PDT
In reply to: LG 42LN577V - 100Hz
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.