1. There is no free service manual. I see them for about 7 and up dollars with this search.
2. You'll need that manual to get inside and to know what you are looking at.
3. Try http://www.ebay.com/gds/How-to-Repair-an-LG-LCD-Monitor-/10000000205233425/g.html
4. Remember there are LETHAL VOLTAGES inside so you accept all risk and have technical training.
5. Watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFukhCMPUEU
6. Similar displays run about 130 or less.
So few weeks ago, my monitor just started to flicker on startup. At first i tough it's and GPU or Power Supply issue, but that not the case. It takes at least 10 + minutes of screen flickering on/off to get monitor working. I have to restart computer dozen times before it starts working properly.
As far as i'm guessing there is some capacitor issue, but i can't figure out how to open the monitor. There are no screws but only thing.