Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Let's hear it for routine traffic stops!!!!

by Angeline Booher / October 16, 2007 4:20 AM PDT
A man wanted in the videotaped sexual assault of a toddler has been arrested, according to police in Nevada.
Chester Arthur Stiles, 37, was arrested following a routine traffic stop around 7 p.m. (10 p.m. ET) Monday.

Henderson, Nevada, police Officer Mike Dye said he pulled over the white Buick Century Stiles was driving because it did not have a license plate.

Dye said he became suspicious after the driver gave him an expired California driver's license with a photo that did not match his appearance.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/10/16/rape.tape/index.html

May children in the future be safe from this (expletive deleted).

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Let's hear it for routine traffic stops!!!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Let's hear it for routine traffic stops!!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I saw that.
by grimgraphix / October 16, 2007 4:29 AM PDT

Considering that some folk said he wouldn't be caught without a fight... I'm glad he surrendered peacefully.

Collapse -
A fugitive driving with no license plate?
by Steven Haninger / October 16, 2007 5:28 AM PDT

He put up no resistance and said he was tired of running. Sounds like he could have set him self up deliberately for arrest.

Collapse -
maybe he will just drop dead
by jimandjerry / October 17, 2007 3:45 AM PDT

save the tax payers from supporting this thing

Collapse -
Sometimes you get lucky
by Willy / October 17, 2007 12:35 AM PDT

Traffic stops have been the bane of law enforcement as they never know what they're up against. As for the missing license plate, that was also the case when Timony McVay was stopped after the Oklahoma City bombing within hours of the fact for the same reason, a missing license plate. You just never know... -----Willy

Collapse -
I once saw a curious thing
by Dragon / October 17, 2007 2:21 AM PDT

I was in a strip mall walking to a store. I happened to look at the license plate of one of the cars that was parked there, then looked at the plate in front. They were not the same. I told my parents (this was a long time ago) and they just brushed it off, saying they probably just forgot to change one of them.

Collapse -
Nice try, anyway.
by drpruner / October 18, 2007 12:03 PM PDT

I'm guessing two possibilities:
A crook who stole and changed only one plate.

Someone who kept the front plate as a souvenir of a former home. (Not all states require front plates.)

Collapse -
Good work, Cops!
by drpruner / October 17, 2007 2:47 AM PDT

The bad news: He's just one of thousands and thousands. Sad

More good work: The Canadian in the Far East who disguised his face in his pix; un-disguised by Interpol. And if he did go to Thailand, the government there is strict on these guys.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

GREAT SHOWS WITHOUT CABLE

Get live TV over the internet

Say goodbye to cable -- check out the top five live TV streaming services available now.