Speakeasy forum

General discussion

LET'S GO YANKEES!!!!

by Josh K / September 28, 2009 1:44 AM PDT

AL East Champs, and the first team to clinch a division this year. Woo hooooooo!!!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LET'S GO YANKEES!!!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LET'S GO YANKEES!!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Just because it's you Josh, I'll go Woo hooo too.
by Ziks511 / September 28, 2009 8:39 PM PDT
In reply to: LET'S GO YANKEES!!!!

And I wish them well, all but that Steinbrenner (Stone burner ??!!) guy.

Rob

Collapse -
Whatever.
by Paul C / September 29, 2009 10:09 AM PDT

Seriously, I wish the Yanks all the success they enjoyed in 2004. Devil

Collapse -
Wouldn't it be ironic....
by Josh K / September 29, 2009 11:14 PM PDT
In reply to: Whatever.

.....if Johnny Damon hit a grannie for US this time?

Grin

Collapse -
Red Sox ain't dead yet....
by EdHannigan / September 29, 2009 11:25 PM PDT

They just look like it.

Collapse -
Beckett is having back problems
by Josh K / September 30, 2009 1:58 AM PDT

He may be fine if he can get some rest before the postseason starts. He's a really good pitcher; in fact I was hoping the Yankees would pursue him the same year the Red Sox signed him, but they chose not to. He beat us twice in the 2003 World Series (for the Marlins).

I think the biggest difference for the Yankees this year is the bullpen. Their bullpen had been very shaky over the last 7-8 years but this year they've been pretty solid. And as Cal Ripken, Jr. once said, "Mariano Rivera -- game over!" Also, with the exception of Chien Ming Wang's injuries and A-Rod's surgery, the team has been pretty healthy this year.

My predictions:

Detroit edges out Minnesota for the AL Central.
Yankees over Tigers in 4 games.
Red Sox over Angels in 5 games.
Yankees over Red Sox in 5 games.

And in the NL:

Dodgers win the West, Rockies get the Wild Card, Phillies win the East.
I'm not sure what the matchups are for the NLDS, but my hunch is that it will be a Yankees/Dodgers World Series, with Joe Torre having to manage against his former team.

Yanks in 5; Manny chokes. Grin

Collapse -
3-1!!!
by Josh K / November 1, 2009 11:49 PM PST

It's been a great series so far; neither team looks over matched and every game has been a nail-biter (the first game didn't go to 6-1 until very late in the game).

Tonight will be tough with Cliff Lee pitching again; he was so good in game 1 it was just sick. If the Yankees can just stay in the game and try to get his pitch count up, they may have a chance; otherwise it will likely go back to the Bronx. Might be nice to win it there anyway. Happy

GO YANKEES!!!!!!

Collapse -
I hope they win tonight...
by EdHannigan / November 2, 2009 12:22 AM PST
In reply to: 3-1!!!

so the whole thing can be over and my TV shows will be back on track.

Collapse -
A.J. Burnett spoiled your TV schedule
by Josh K / November 3, 2009 6:10 AM PST

Or should I say Girardi for having him pitch on short rest in a game they didn't need to win. I guess the upshot is that they can win the Series at home.

Collapse -
(NT) Or lose it
by EdHannigan / November 3, 2009 6:18 AM PST
Collapse -
(NT) no cable?
by James Denison / November 3, 2009 6:37 AM PST
Collapse -
Satellite dish...
by EdHannigan / November 3, 2009 6:42 AM PST
In reply to: no cable?

but what does that have to do with it?

There are network shows I'd like to watch but they're preempted by baseball. At least during the season the games are on the sports channels for the most part (NESN up here).

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.