Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Let's compare the two sides

by TONI H / January 11, 2015 10:08 PM PST
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Let's compare the two sides
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Let's compare the two sides
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I'm just guessing
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / January 12, 2015 3:16 AM PST

that http://townhall.com/ doesn't like Democrats?

Ohh wait...

About Townhall.com

Townhall.com is the leading source for conservative news and political commentary and analysis

Mark

Collapse -
I'm guessing you have a point to make?
by TONI H / January 12, 2015 4:17 AM PST
In reply to: I'm just guessing

Or is it that you just don't like comparing and coming up with hypocricy?

Collapse -
There are liberal rags and conservative rags.
by JP Bill / January 12, 2015 4:22 AM PST

You're entitled to your opinion of rags...so is everyone else.

Collapse -
So you kill the messenger
by TONI H / January 12, 2015 5:54 AM PST

rather than comment on the message within?

Collapse -
I guess I've been hanging around you too much
by JP Bill / January 12, 2015 6:09 AM PST

I notice lately you've just been posting links with no commentary, I guess you've been hanging around me too much

Collapse -
Yep
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / January 13, 2015 4:00 AM PST

Why not try independent, non-aligned sources every so often.

You might get a more balanced view then.

Mark

Collapse -
Do you have a link to one?
by TONI H / January 13, 2015 5:04 AM PST
In reply to: Yep

I haven't found anything even close to non-aligned except a few what I consider to be 'conservative' so a slant will still be there, but at least those have some semblance of 'both sides' compared to a totally liberal media. I would welcome a link to one you think is free of a slanted viewpoint.

Collapse -
RE: I would welcome a link
by JP Bill / January 13, 2015 12:56 PM PST
Collapse -
I went to each of those you linked to
by TONI H / January 13, 2015 7:08 PM PST

and every one of them is left-leaning.........some much more than the rest........

I looked at Real News and nearly every article sides with the left thinkers and a great number of their articles were all written/audio/video by one person as series all on 'green energy' and 'climate change'.

The author of your link as a self-admitted liberal and gets most of his news from NPR......

Sorry.........keep trying.

Collapse -
RE: I went to each of those you linked to
by JP Bill / January 13, 2015 8:04 PM PST

Sure you did.

RE: keep trying.

Not worth the effort...hopeless cause.

I gave it a shot, didn't expect much anyways.

Collapse -
I prefer truthful sources
by James Denison / January 13, 2015 5:34 AM PST
In reply to: Yep

than even those who try to walk the line between Truth and Lie.

Collapse -
(NT) What is truth?
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / January 13, 2015 5:17 PM PST
Collapse -
looking for Pilate's job?
by James Denison / January 13, 2015 7:41 PM PST
In reply to: What is truth?

Bible, John 18:

Jesus Before Pilate
...37Therefore Pilate said to Him, "So You are a king?" Jesus answered, "You say correctly that I am a king. For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice." Pilate said to Him, "What is truth?" And when he had said this, he went out again to the Jews and said to them, "I find no guilt in Him. "But you have a custom that I release someone for you at the Passover; do you wish then that I release for you the King of the Jews?"...

John 14:

The Way, the Truth, and the Life
5 Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, how do we know the way?" Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

(above is why being a witness for Jehovah is useless for salvation, as it's written, "kiss the son, lest he be angry")

Collapse -
(NT) Are you resigning?.
by JP Bill / January 13, 2015 9:14 PM PST
Collapse -
I thought his point was very clear. Your source is poisoned
by Ted_Percival / January 13, 2015 5:06 AM PST

TownHall is an acknowledged troll site for extreme Conservative opinion which on its site displays nothing but anti-Democratic Party, and anti-moderate opinion and attack articles. It is certainly not a site inclined to give both sides of the issue.

The difference between Scalise (now head of the RNC) speaking for pay at an event organized by David Duke and his hangers on, people with a clearly racially-based attitude which is incompatible with American values of equal treatment, and The State Department speaking to a foreign government, even one you don't like, should be clear. The US had diplomatic relations with Hitler's Germany until mid December, 1941, and with Japan until after 2 PM Washington time December 7, 1941. The comparison is an apples and large lumps of granite one which you are tying to make equivalent. They aren't.

The US has always been friendly with dictators, just not left-wing ones. And the quarantine of Cuba has worked so very efficiently to change their minds and bring them to a more democratic view of things. Why it seems only last century that they were Communists. Oh yeah, it was last century. A mere 55 years in fact. And how long did the embargo on South Africa take to change that government??? And please don't tell me that the Apartheid governments from 1909 to Nelson Mandela's election were Democracies. They weren't even democratic for white people, let alone blacks and coloreds.

Ted Percival

Collapse -
TownHall
by TONI H / January 13, 2015 5:20 AM PST

is a site that debunks most of what the Dems/liberals lie about every time they open their mouths, including the Scalise/David Duke lie......Duke, himself, went on FoxNews and stated that although Scalise was 'scheduled' to speak, there was no record that he ever did.

Carry on..........

Collapse -
you must love Mozambique and Mugabe
by James Denison / January 13, 2015 5:40 AM PST
Collapse -
I didn't say I liked dictatorships, I said the US State Dept
by Ted_Percival / January 14, 2015 1:37 AM PST

and most Administrations until this one liked dictatorships.

Since you seem to have trouble separating yourself from the issues under discussion, it's about Scalise's bad choices in the past. TownHall's gross bias, and your own inability to stick to the point without jumping all over the place and introducing new unrelated issues, deployed in attack mode, apparently.

And Britain is so unsafe a nation that only 643 are murdered there every year versus 14827 for the US. Mind you the US is bigger, lets say 5 times bigger. That would make the statistics 3215 to 14,827 for equally sized populations. The US is 9 times the size of Canada, so their statistics leap to an enormous 4,967.when population size is controlled for.

So who's safe and who's unsafe is fairly easily established, assuming one can read.

Ted

Collapse -
A couple of points
by TONI H / January 14, 2015 3:15 AM PST

First....."Scalise's bad choices in the past" assumes that you have proof he actually attending a group meeting that liberals insist happened, but they can't prove either.....especially considering the fact that an adviser to Duke and Duke himself have both said publicly that their records don't show that he ever attended it. There was another group meeting two hours before Duke's group met that Scalise DID attend and speak at. If you believe otherwise, bring on your proof instead of a smear statement.

Second.....What has the US murder rate have to do with anything being discussed here? If the cops in this country had their handcuffs removed by liberals, we could go back to actually reducing the murder rate because it WAS coming down until Dems took over as Mayors and Governors recently. Perhaps things will begin to change back now that Republicans have the majority in those areas again.

Collapse -
Well the idea he was there came from somewhere, but I'm
by Ted_Percival / January 14, 2015 9:03 AM PST
In reply to: A couple of points

not about to put in the time futzing around to find a source you'll accept because that looks like a futile activity. You'll doubtless attribute it to some Liberal conspiracy to "tarnish" the name of some rusty coal besmirched character anyway. From what I've seen, disagreeing with you Toni is an endless and truly fruitless task. It's like arguing with a train that the bridge is out. You won't listen, and you won't stop.

As to the murder rate thing that was in response to a different thread
http://forums.cnet.com/7723-6130_102-634117/i-had-to-laugh-public-health-problem/?tag=contentBody;threadListing
which got muddled into this discussion. My error. The truth of the information however refutes all the mudslinging at Britain and France and everywhere else that went on in that thread and the assumption that the US is the safest developed country in the world, which seemed to be the starting point for most of the posts disagreeing with Mark Flax.

There is a Cancer on the Country and it is the Myth of American Exceptionalism. That Idea the United States is Better, Smarter, Cleaner, Fairer, More Just, More Honest, More Trustworthy and More Self-sacrificing than anywhere else in the world. In truth the US is just as greedy, dishonest, power hungry, resource hungry, oppressive, and domineering as any other super power ever was going back to Rome, and before. I stole the "There is a cancer ..." formula from John Dean.

Ted

Collapse -
Similarities
by TONI H / January 14, 2015 7:47 PM PST

I have found within the few posts you've made directly to my posts that you are very similar to another member because it either starts off or ends up with an insult to me.

I have also found that with the rest of your posts, I'm beginning to suspect you are related to BO.....silver tongue, distortions, anti-America remarks.....are you sure you aren't related or here in 'disguise'? You would be perfect to go out on another BO 'apology tour' for him.

"In truth"......that sentence sounds more like Russia, N.Korea, China, Iran et al than the USA. Do we lock up dissenters because they speak out against our country/government; do we skirt them away in the night never to be seen again;

Do we deliberately harm our people by taking, in the name of income equality, everything they make in order to actually make the government all powerful by making them totally dependent on that government? Oh, wait.....under BO, that's EXACTLY what we do. Have people live and scramble any way they can in order to survive but give them just enough to make government look like the 'savior'. That is the 'resource hungry (money), oppressive, power hungry, dishonest, greedy, and domineering' parts that actually make you correct.........omg

Collapse -
check his spelling
by James Denison / January 15, 2015 5:37 AM PST
In reply to: Similarities
Wink

It's not British, nor the words chosen for use.
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?