Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Let me try again.........

by Glenda / November 19, 2005 12:48 AM PST
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Let me try again.........
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Let me try again.........
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Thanks Glenda...Good Info
by Rolway / November 19, 2005 3:45 AM PST

I was put on Heparin in the hospital (Pulmonary embolus) and once it was regulated they went to coumadin. Since getting out couple weeks ago they been regulating it at home with blood tests, etc. twice a week. A real PITA. Don't like it one bit. They said I may be on it for 6 months. Next week I'm supposed to go over to the coumadin clinic for some kind of class. I'm gonna see if I can get off it and go some other route. Got enough problems without having to deal with this crap.

I did know about that vitamin K business, but your link gave much more info in depth.

George

Collapse -
George, see if
by Glenda / November 19, 2005 6:16 AM PST

you can get your INR done in the clinc, they get the results in about 30 seconds and the Pharmacist takes care of your prescriptions and the dosage. Also they don't draw blood they do a simple finger stick to get the blood. Much easier and no bruises from it that way. How are you doing now?
Sue

Collapse -
Hi Glenda
by Rolway / November 19, 2005 10:56 AM PST
In reply to: George, see if

I'm doing OK. Still got the stinking back pain, but its starting to ease up somewhat. Most of the problem is breathing. can't walk very far. No wind power. Just a long time recovering this time. Thats one reason they come to the house instead of me going to the clinic. Its getting a little better each day now, so they tell me.

Speaking about your insurance. Boy, they love me. This makes the sixth time this year, I've been hauled off to that hospital. This last time was 25 days, 7 hrs. They call me the frequent flyer over there. Yeah, BS. Maybe I better change Doctors. They all got new cars now. I never see the bills, but can just imagine the 6 figures flying around at the insurance co.

George

Collapse -
I can imagine what your bills look like!
by Glenda / November 19, 2005 11:52 AM PST
In reply to: Hi Glenda

I was only in for 5 days!!! Just take it easy, walk as much as you can and take your coumadin at the same time each day, That is important. After my pulmonary embolism I was down for months and I was only 26! This darn leg is still giving me fits! I go in for an ultra sound Wed 23:( Hopefully everything is clear!
Just take care and try to be good]:) And NO MORE hospitals this year! We worry about you!
Hugs Sue

Collapse -
I'd be careful, George...
by J. Vega / November 19, 2005 10:12 AM PST

George, I'd be careful about skipping recommended things while on a blood thinner. Just something to consider: blood clots get the majority of attention as the cause of strokes, but there are also hemorrhagic strokes caused by bleeding in the brain. Keeping careful track of your blood while on a blood thinner is a good idea.

Collapse -
Thanks J...
by Rolway / November 19, 2005 10:38 AM PST

Thats about all I can do at this point and follow their lead. The trouble is, they are calling the shots and its hard for me to just leave something like this totally in their control. I'll get over it and adjust to it in time.

George

Collapse -
Just stay alert, George...
by J. Vega / November 19, 2005 10:57 AM PST
In reply to: Thanks J...

George, just stay alert and look for unusual things, like little blood spots on a shirt indicating that your clotting factor may be too low. Also, if you have sudden vision problems, hearing problems or the "hallmark" slurred speech go to the ER asap. Another "hallmark" is sudden weekness to the point of almost collapse and "tears in the eyes" crying without having any reason for it - no sadness, just unexplained silent crying.

Collapse -
Good advice J..
by Rolway / November 19, 2005 11:19 AM PST

Thanks again. Will stay alert for any of those signs. Sounds like you had a little experience with this stuff. Well, I should be off the prednisone next week. I've slacked off a lot on the pain meds. (Morphine & Ultram) That should help in keeping my head screwed on a little better.

George

Collapse -
You might say that, George...
by J. Vega / November 19, 2005 11:30 AM PST
In reply to: Good advice J..

You might say that, I'm a 4 time loser. BTW, the hospital didn't even notice, my wife figured it out (one eye was so bloodshot the white was almost totally red). Idiot ER/IC doctors.

Collapse -
That is good information.
by Angeline Booher / November 20, 2005 7:03 AM PST

Sorry I didn't respond in your earlier report.

I'm glad you are in good medical hands, and have the benefit of explanations. You have a caring, as well as a capable, physician.

Hope your hospital visits are over!

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email
semods4@yahoo.com[/url

Collapse -
Ang...something happened
by TONI H / November 20, 2005 7:42 AM PST

to your yahoo mail link. It's missing a couple of the end tags that wrap around the words URL and /URL

TONI

Collapse -
Thanks! I'll...
by Angeline Booher / November 20, 2005 8:02 PM PST

.... check it out. It could be from poor c&p.

Ang

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?