HolidayBuyer's Guide

Mac OS forum

General discussion

leopard reload

by seratan / August 23, 2013 5:18 AM PDT

I reloaded leopard to see if it will correct the e-mail to work. But it still doesn't work no matter what I did. can anybody help me on this

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: leopard reload
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: leopard reload
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: mail
by Kees_B Forum moderator / August 23, 2013 5:30 AM PDT
In reply to: leopard reload

I assume this is a sequel to your first posts at http://forums.cnet.com/7723-6638_102-585619/not-receiving-aol-e-mail/?messageId=5489898#message5489898.

There you told "For some reason I am not getting aol e-mails on safarie and camino" in februari. And today you seiud they aren't in your spam folder either.

Can you tell more about what you mean with "getting mails in a browser". In my browser I only get html-pages. And if that page comes from gmail.com or outlook.com (sorry, I have no aol account) it contains my inbox (after I logon). So as I understand your post correctly, all sites you visit work flawlessly (like cnet, webshops,internet banking) in both browsers, but mail.aol.com shows an empty inbox. That's an aol problem then.

If I misunderstood you, can you explain better?

Kees

Collapse -
safari
by seratan / August 23, 2013 5:54 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: mail

I only have safari 5.0.6 which I reinstalled. an Like I told you the e-mail still isn't responding.hope
you can give further help

Collapse -
Re: safari
by Kees_B Forum moderator / August 23, 2013 11:12 PM PDT
In reply to: safari

In your earlier post (link above) you mentioned camino also. Did you lose that in the meantime?

Since it isn't clear at all what you mean with "e-mail isn't responding" I'm afraid nobody can help you. So I'd go to your local Apple center and let them fix it.

Kees

Collapse -
you really will have to answer the questions if
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / August 23, 2013 11:29 PM PDT
In reply to: safari

you want to find the answers to your problem.

Answer Yes or No to these questions:

1. Using Safari 5.0.6, can you get to the AOL website without any problems?
2. Do you have problems accessing sites on the Internet?
3. If you can get to the AOL home page, www.aol.com, do you see the Read Mail link?
4. If you can see the Read Mail link, can you sign in successfully after you click it?

End of Yes or No Questions.

5. If you can sign in to the Mail section, what, EXACTLY, happens after that?

P

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.