Laptops forum

Question

Lenovo Yoga 13 720 vs Dell Inspiron 13 7000

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Lenovo Yoga 13 720 vs Dell Inspiron 13 7000
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Lenovo Yoga 13 720 vs Dell Inspiron 13 7000
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Which one did you go for?

In reply to: Lenovo Yoga 13 720 vs Dell Inspiron 13 7000

I am in the process of hunting for an Ultrabook/2in1 Laptop as well. So far, I got the Dell Inspiron 7373 (the i5 8gb variant) however I experienced some lag and thought I wanted a 15" screen. I returned that and now I am on the Samsung Notebook 7 Spin 740U5ME but it is just too big and I am also experiencing some lag out of the box.. Now I am looking into the Dell you were looking at on this post. I am going to assume you went with the Lenovo? Either way, would you recommend the one you have??

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
The problem with dell is simple.

They have a lot of owners so you will see more dead and problem dells than other brands.

That said, I find the Dell Inspiron line to usually have usable but not great displays. Look carefully and my bet is the Yoga will have a better display.

Collapse -
That makes sense

In reply to: The problem with dell is simple.

Thanks I appreciate the quick response. Your comment about the large number of Dell owners makes sense. A common comment on the Yoga is that the display isn’t as bright as some of the competition. The Dell has more memory and a faster processor but the Yoga may win out on overall quality.

Collapse -
Answer
Found it. Notebookcheck dives into the display.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-Inspiron-13-7359-4839-Convertible-Review.170022.0.html
and
https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-Yoga-720-13IKB-7200U-FHD-Laptop-Review.219798.0.html

The Dell was not great and neither was the Yoga. On the Dell "The relatively low brightness cannot defy omnipresent reflections even in shaded places. Some effort is needed for finding an ergonomically favorable position. The right screenshot shows almost ideal conditions with a wall in the back."

My reading on the Yoga is they didn't struggle with that but still wrote "sRGB color-space coverage was 84%, AdobeRGB coverage was 55%. That said, the panel is not suitable for professional photo-editing." But it did test outdoors and seemed to be usable in the shade so it must not be that dim. Maybe the store display unit is not turned up?
Collapse -
Answer
Lenovo is better

I Guess Lenovo yoga is far better then Dell, I have used lenovo and one of my friend had dell has dell yoga and we compare and found out that the lenovo is far better then dell

Collapse -
Does that have the BIOS with RAID used for windows install?

In reply to: Lenovo is better

Collapse -
Go Lenovo eventhough Dell specs are better?

In reply to: Lenovo Yoga Raid BIOS

Thanks for all of the great responses. This is very helpful. So it sounds like I should go with the Lenovo Yoga 720 even though the Dell specs are better with the i7 and more memory?

Collapse -
If that's what you determined...

In reply to: Go Lenovo eventhough Dell specs are better?

...from the articles I posted, then by all means you should do so.

Collapse -
Go Lenovo eventhough Dell specs are better?

In reply to: Lenovo Yoga Raid BIOS

Thanks for all of the great responses. This is very helpful. So it sounds like I should go with the Lenovo Yoga 720 even though the Dell specs are better with the i7 and more memory?

Collapse -
Personally I'd say Dell.

Just a bad experience with Lenovo but their products dont tend to last, and I'm not the only one here. If you thought dell was bad, read up on the horror stories online about Lenovo. Every single friend of mine who's bought a Lenovo laptop saw it either die and wipe itself clean or come with some horrible defect or ran into ****** customer support.

Dell for me has better build quality and with better specs, my vote goes to Dell.

Collapse -
Thanks

In reply to: Personally I'd say Dell.

Thank you for the feedback. Is there another 2 in 1 that I should consider under $1000?

Collapse -
I avoid the Inspirons because.

The displays time after time have been barely acceptable. To me, this and the keyboard along with other items determine if I will like using the machine.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.