Question

Lenovo Y710 or Asus G20 CI?

Oct 13, 2017 7:04AM PDT

Hi everyone,

I'm about to buy a mini pre-built gaming pc and I'm hesitating between the Lenovo Y710 with gtx1080, 32 gb ram, I7-6700 and the Asus G20 CI with gtx 1080, 16gb ram and i7-7700.

The first one is 1799 and the second one is 1969. I love Asus so I usually go for that brand but the Lenovo one is pretty powerful for the price, never own a Lenovo before though. Any recommandation here?

Thank you for your time

VF

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Lenovo Y710 or Asus G20 CI?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Lenovo Y710 or Asus G20 CI?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
I like both but the Lenovo is not on my list.
Oct 13, 2017 8:41AM PDT

Why? Most of the Lenovo's to date use PWM on the screens and on certain colors it flickers. Since I can avoid that with other makers, my nod is to the Asus.

It's part of the reason they can deliver for less but it's an area I don't like to cheap out on.

- Collapse -
PWM
Oct 13, 2017 8:32PM PDT

That seems to have to do with the monitor and/or gpu drivers.
What does that have to do with a desktop brand?

- Collapse -
I have the y710p.
Oct 14, 2017 8:49AM PDT

I had to google the y710 to see what you meant. In that case, go with the lower price?

- Collapse -
Answer
Lenovo Y710
Apr 5, 2018 6:48AM PDT

Lenovo Y710 will be suite.

- Collapse -
Did you mean
Apr 5, 2018 9:10AM PDT

Lawsuit?

CNET Forums

Forum Info