Tablets forum

Question

Lenovo thinkpad x201 tablet vs Lenovo thinkpad tablet 2

by GraySys / October 2, 2015 4:52 PM PDT

I'm at the point of buying a new windows tablet, that i will use for general works and uses , typing, surfing the web, news , .... and for some creative use as drawing, and some video making, after i have seen too much tablets, i have stopped at the too Lenovo thinkpad x201 tablet and Lenovo thinkpad tablet 2 that are at the budget, and seem interesting in build and feuture, Lenovo thinkpad tablet 2 is more recent and have futures that the x201 don't like the gps and the Camera of 8mp, and a full hd screen, and it's heavier and more comfortable, but not quiet performer, in comparison the x201 have good performance, and leak the camera and the gps, and also i don't know for the multi-touch function i think thinkpad tablet 2 is 5 or 10 finger touch, and x201 just 2 finger touch.
I ask to help me choose wich is better for me , and this by responding to those questions:
- for drawing and talking about the digitizer wich one is best?
- the multitouch the difference is it really important, can the 2 finger touch suffice, or the difference is too important
-what other features that can make in advantage one above the other, that can change the advantage of one over the other.
Thank you a lot.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Lenovo thinkpad x201 tablet vs Lenovo thinkpad tablet 2
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Lenovo thinkpad x201 tablet vs Lenovo thinkpad tablet 2
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Drawing unless they supply with a pen is like drawing with
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 2, 2015 4:57 PM PDT

Crayons. Some were so bad they were more like finger painting.

Samsung and Microsoft's pens seem nice. Go to the store and test drive those.

Collapse -
they come with one
by GraySys / October 2, 2015 5:10 PM PDT

thank you for your quick answer i come just to post it, In the fact, they come with one, and they both have a wacom digitilizer, and the technology of waccom is known as one of the best of the market (we can say number 1), that make the possibility to use a waccom pen with it, it seems just that the waccom pen that we can buy are better than the one that come with theme.

for drawing i just want too know if they are the same or one take advantage above the other .
also i want to know about the two other questions

Collapse -
You can check reviews
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 2, 2015 5:14 PM PDT
In reply to: they come with one

But hands on is best. Wacom is well known but some models get kicked around over pressure levels or dropped support for same. Best to test drive when an artist is involved. They tend to need to feel it and see if they can live with it.

Collapse -
answer
by GraySys / October 2, 2015 5:34 PM PDT
In reply to: You can check reviews

Yes i have searched, unfortunately For the x201 tablet, i don't find a real artist on it, but it feel ok, just the same as the thinkpad tablet 2 that i have seen artist drowing on it and it's sufficient for me. For the x201 i have seen the results (drawing) of an artist that review it , and it seems ok, but i can't said the difference between the two and which is better.

that some of it:
for thinkpad tablet 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YRtp2AYBG4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVQqHc3kTOA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpIYbEa_H94

for x201 tablet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAZ4dcXA170
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVAl9eu6Jlk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xmwLr1_GcQ

for me it just seem the same, but i don't know realy

Collapse -
Lenovo thinkpad x201 tablet vs Lenovo thinkpad tablet 2
by GraySys / October 2, 2015 6:02 PM PDT
In reply to: answer

what about Lenovo thinkpad x201 tablet vs Lenovo thinkpad tablet 2

Collapse -
Lenovo thinkpad x201 tablet
by GraySys / October 2, 2015 6:37 PM PDT

do x201 tablet have Accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer?
it seems not but i'm not sure?

"I hope this page will be a reference for those who have to make a choice between the two, let develope the subject not just for me but for the future one that will have to make such a choice, they have no Lenovo thinkpad x201 tablet vs Lenovo thinkpad tablet 2 in google search not yet "

Collapse -
If maker and seller are not answering.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 2, 2015 7:15 PM PDT

That's a very bad sign. In fact, so bad that you should not consider their products as what happens when you need support.

I'm serious about this.

Collapse -
You the artist.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 2, 2015 7:14 PM PDT
In reply to: answer

That's what I meant. Call the stores and see if this is on display for testing. Some artists really get upset over the feel.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!