Desktops forum

General discussion

Lenovo Thinkcentre S50 Rescue and Recovery Disk

by feralnetguy / January 1, 2009 8:17 AM PST

My THinkCentre S50 is displaying an error message "1962 NO OPERATING SYSTEM FOUND" I brought it on Ebay and it did not have an rescue and recovery disk. I've been trying to find an ISO file but no luck.

I tried their R&R disk but I can't create the disk because the software is LENOVO enabled and I can't run the software anywhere else.

Any thoughts??????

Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Lenovo Thinkcentre S50 Rescue and Recovery Disk
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Lenovo Thinkcentre S50 Rescue and Recovery Disk
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
The usuals are...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 1, 2009 8:36 AM PST

1. Contact the Ebay seller and ask for the CDs.
2. Contact Lenovo and buy the restore CDs.
3. Buy XP or whatever OS you want and install it.
4. Do any of the above or other and discover the hard disk has failed.

This is just to help you find out all the usuals about this issue.

Can you share what your backup plan is now? There are those Linux LiveCDs we can use to save files if need be.
Bob

Collapse -
Press <Enter> on boot up . . .
by Coryphaeus / January 1, 2009 8:50 PM PST

and see if the hidden partition is still there. If so you can restore it.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.