Rant

Lenovo 500s Touch

Oh man where can I begin? I purchased a HP dvs600 back in 2009 running the pathetic Windows Vista, the machine had a virus three years later and the machine was never the same. Around this time (April) in 2014, I purchased a Lenovo 500s Touch from Staples and very fortunate that I stayed to use the machine in the mall afterwards or else I would've left without a recharging cord for the machine. The price was right and due to the distance, the location was the only one that had the machine in stock. Well the rest of the complaints about the machine will be for another time but in the brief time, the machine was running Windows 8 and the machine was running sort what ok before the obtrusive 8.1 was forced upon all the users. That platform was very poor and I found myself using my HP to its fullest capabilities before Microsoft came out with Windows 10.

First mistake I made was uploading this monstrosity wirelessly which failed to update properly so I was having more issues than ever. I was on the verge of literally throwing the machine out the window before it dawn on me to do a total computer restore. Well doing it properly via the wired, the restore and conversion to Windows 10 should've been seamless, but it hasn't been. While I like the Windows 10 platform the machine (which I felt and complained to both Staples and Lenovo) that the machine was a lemon until I read complaints about Windows updates that would upset the balance of the way the machine operates. I told Lenovo about their poor machine and even worse service, since then I've told everyone to stay clear of Lenovo and it's products, Sprint wanted me to try out a Lenovo tablet for free but I refused to do any business with them due their poor craftsmanship and horrible service.

My Lenovo 500s I believe was a refurbished machine sold by the idiots at Staples but I also believed the machine served best using the user platform it was intended to use upon its creation, as for the the current Windows 10 platform, this machine blows.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Lenovo 500s Touch
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Lenovo 500s Touch
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Small world.

I had (and in a way still do) have a HP dv6910us that is serving time at my brother's office as an office PC. It's quite better than new since I changed out the rather sluggish HDD for a SSD and installed a full up Windows 10 OS. It did take knowing about a BIOS setting to make that happen but it boots in about 40 seconds to getting on the web and a google result. It's not up to Netflix but not bad once you knew what to upgrade.

As to the Lenovo I think you need a guru to do similar work. If I fault this industry it's for this. It doesn't just work.

- Collapse -
maybe your problem is caused by the.....

CNET Forums

Forum Info