Forum Feedback & Announcements forum

General discussion

Lee, Religious discussions on SE are supposed to be nixed!?

Lee, If so, why and what is this post doing there?
http://forums.cnet.com/5224-6130_102-0.html?forumID=50&threadID=234205&messageID=2407463

I posted to that link: I have read that joke before.
The joke should be a toss with the new edict from Lee Koo.
Let's see how long it stays here.
Are you testing the waters here? Toilet Water? Holy Water? Or, Pis??Water!?
Mac, Your post is still here. I posted two weeks ago with a simple post?WELL?
It was deleted by the mods.
Why hasn't your post been deleted? Beats me? I wish you luck.

Lee, My above post to Mac was deleted from SE.
Just want you to know what happens in SE.
Furthermore, the original post borders on an offensive post.
Where are your Mods?

-Kevin

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Lee, Religious discussions on SE are supposed to be nixed!?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Lee, Religious discussions on SE are supposed to be nixed!?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
How come?

In reply to: Lee, Religious discussions on SE are supposed to be nixed!?

You noticed everything in Lee's post EXCEPT the part that says the moderators will decide, and their decision will be final?

Collapse -
I agree, he complained a while ago

In reply to: How come?

about SE people clogging this forum up with their crap, now he's doing it. Seems to think that he is somehow special.

Yes he did meet Lee at some Computer event. Doubt that would change Lee's mind.

Collapse -
well ray as you hardly

In reply to: I agree, he complained a while ago

read or pay atention to SE you didnt understand Lees ruleing

not that i mind religious jokes but if they delete 1 delete all

not some special people or mod favorites

Collapse -
Lee's ruling is just that?

In reply to: well ray as you hardly

I agree with Mark, delete one, delete all.
No religious discussions at all.
Even if it is a fifty year old joke.

I was really interested in hearing from Lee on this subject.
I am not making trouble here. It is Lee's Forum.
The question was directed to Lee.
That was my simple question.

SE Issues? Keep the discussion there.
I am sure there are many world-shattering discussions being posted as I post back on this question to FF and to Lee.

Thanks, Mark, for your views.

-Kevin

Collapse -
The joke was a joke...

In reply to: Lee's ruling is just that?

not a discussion and not a debate...which were the types of posts that Lee decided wouldn't be allowed at SE anymore.

You know that...they know it....everybody knows it. But now some members are trying to nitpick the SE forum to pieces. It just never stops with some members trying to change SE into what they want it to be and to pick and choose the members who should be allowed there.

Every discussion about SE and how it's run that shows up in FeedBack will be locked or deleted. Stop wasting your time and ours.

TONI

Collapse -
would a wizard of oz joke be OK?

In reply to: Lee, Religious discussions on SE are supposed to be nixed!?

according to "your" view of what Lee said, i doubt it....
(google wizard of oz+religion/religious to see why)

is OMG acceptable? is jeez? can we say as god is my witness in a post?

mark, to the best of my knowledge, you don't know how often a person reads SE (or any other forum) and even less of an idea how much that person 'pays attention'

Collapse -
well it shows

In reply to: would a wizard of oz joke be OK?

in the amount of deletions of certain peoples posts, and the non deletion of same subject of several "special" people.

wouldnt it be best to follow lees rules.and omg is tad dif then wage, posts, and similar ones.

and as to se seems the posts there are dieing maybe its the heavy hand locks.

Collapse -
Posts dying

In reply to: well it shows

isn't because of the heavy hand locks, Mark. It's because we are following Lee's ruling of not allowing political and religious debates and discussions anymore. The fact that these were eliminated and the posts aren't coming in waves anymore just proves that most of the members were in constant battles with name calling, insults, derogatory remarks, and obsessiveness with having to be not only the only one right but to get in the last lick no matter what.

Those remarks were always either directed immediately to the poster they were responding to or were directed toward the idea or person that the original post was about.

Just shows that some people don't know how to live with the rule of "if you can't say something nice, shut the heck up".

I, for one, am happy with the peaceful attitude in SE now....and the Mods plan to keep it that way.

TONI

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!