Forum Feedback & Announcements forum

General discussion

Lee, Please your opinion on this question...

by Glenda / May 3, 2005 4:59 AM PDT
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Lee, Please your opinion on this question...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Lee, Please your opinion on this question...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
My opinion is that you should email Lee Koo
by John Robie / May 3, 2005 5:10 AM PDT

rather than trying to bring the SpeakEasy over here and put Lee Koo on the 'spot'. Don't you still have Moderators in SpeakEasy?

Collapse -
What a diplomatic approach
by Chorus-Line A1-QMS / May 3, 2005 7:45 AM PDT

I interpret your post not merely asking for an opinion but more "TO EVALUATE or TAKE ACTION" whether the subsequent posts and replies in the links you provided violates the TOS.

Just to offer you an insightful message from cnet page, a portion of the clause clearly indicates,

You may be exposed to content that you find offensive, indecent, or objectionable or that is inaccurate, and you bear all risks associated with using that content. We have the right, but not the obligation, to remove any content that may, in our sole discretion, violate these Terms or that is otherwise objectionable.

Given the name "Speakeasy" and to add the descriptive word, "The Buzz", I find that it is a place to discuss "ideas or issues" that might interest other members, speaking their mind, responding, making references to links to support or otherwise an invitation to engage in a discussion. You don?t expect everyone to agree with you eh, moreover selectively paranoid to be often cautious with every word used to cater to an individual or group?s preferences.

CL
"Men do not differ much about what things they will call evils; they differ enormously about what evils they will call excusable." ~ G. K. Chesterton
...and with this said, everyone is doing it -- "The art of Political Correctness"

Collapse -
I See Speakeasy As A Little Diiferent- - - - -
by dcmorris / May 3, 2005 11:02 AM PDT

type of forum. It is the Hyde Park of CNET. It is a place for people to speak their minds even if it may be offensive to some. Flaming is the order of the day.
Speakeasy serves another purpose. It is like giving a dog a bone to chew on (on which to chew?). While he is busy gnawing away at the bone he is not bothering anyone else. So, let them flame away, call each other names and do all kinds of mischief but keep it on Speakeasy and spare the rest of us.
Out of curiosity I took a peek at the thread in question and I noted a CNET moderator joined the fray.
I don't have any idea what Lee's opinion is but I hope he just treats the situation with skillful and benign neglect.
And, Glenda, I noticed you are a regular participant on Speakeasy so you must be aware of the mood on that forum.

DC

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?