HolidayBuyer's Guide

Forum Feedback & Announcements forum

General discussion

Lee, Can your engineers create a back button?

by taboma / January 21, 2006 1:22 PM PST

Lee, I spent about ten mimutes to reply to a Publisher's Forum post. I went to view the poster's profile before I posted my message back. (That was a mistake.) I could not get back to my original message to post. All was lost.
Why is that? Kind of irritating to loose the post that I wanted to send.

-Kevin

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Lee, Can your engineers create a back button?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Lee, Can your engineers create a back button?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Lee, may be a browser issue
by taboma / January 23, 2006 2:20 PM PST

Last night I did not have that option on that forum issue. I was using Firefox as a browser. Was I missing something because I was using Firefox? Just a glitch at the time?
Right now I am using Mac Safari and I have a back and forth button on our Forum and CNET. Everything works right now.
Why is that? Has anyone else noticed this glitch with Firefox?
Any ideas?
-Kevin

Collapse -
The navigation toolbar...
by John.Wilkinson / January 24, 2006 2:38 AM PST

Hi Kevin,

In looking at the screenshots you sent me, one thing stuck out...you're missing your navigation toolbar in Firefox. You can get that back by going view->toolbars->navigation toolbar. If the forward and back buttons are not present on the navigation toolbar, go view->toolbars->customize, then drag and drop the two buttons into position from the window that pops up. It's just a simple issue with accidentally hiding/removing buttons/toolbars in Firefox. (It's not related to Cnet.)

Hope this helps,
John

Collapse -
Navigation Tool
by taboma / January 24, 2006 11:50 AM PST

John, I will check this out and correct it. Right now I am printing your post out.
Thanks. Appreciate it. Nice info!
I just found out about safari from Peter last evening with other goodies like spell check. Who the heck knew about that? Now I do.

I guess that that CNET does not need a back-button after all.
Your answer probably makes Lee happy so that he does not have to answer.
Lee already knew that and wants to spend his time waxing on and waxing off with his new surf board that he received from Santa Claus this year.

-Kevin

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) firefox has one, it's called back space
by jonah jones / January 23, 2006 7:05 PM PST
Collapse -
Back Space
by taboma / January 24, 2006 12:28 PM PST

Jonah, did not have that feature selected. Who knew? Not I.
John sent info of how to do it for me.
Go back two buttons. I think? Or, just look at John's post to me.
Good info for all that in the same boat as I am.

It seems there is so much to learn about Safari and Firesox.
Thanks, And I am posting a new question to the Browser Forum now.
I hope you Guru's follow it and post answers.

-Kevin

Collapse -
Back Space and Good News
by taboma / January 25, 2006 1:59 PM PST
In reply to: Back Space

John's information was perfect and I have the navigational tools now for Firefox. John's instructions were so easy and perfect. Took me all of ten seconds to correct it and to test it.
Thank you John! :

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.