"Q. I operate Windows 98 on a 4-year-old eMachines PC. I know it's slow, has limited memory and that I probably should upgrade. But the computer is basically used only for the Internet once in awhile and e-mail.

Recently, I began seeing an error message on start up that states: C:/windows/ledll.exe is corrupt and should be reinstalled. How do I go about doing that?

A. The file generating the error message is actually iedll.exe, not ledll.exe, and it involves Internet Explorer.

The error was most likely caused when another program attempted to install itself as the default search engine for your browser.

Learn how to fix this pesky problem at www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/darnit_2.htm#iedll. Read and follow the instructions carefully, as they do involve opening and editing the Windows Registry file.

And remember, it's always a good idea to back up to disk any important documents and other data files on your computer before tinkering with the Registry. Bad things can happen when this is done incorrectly."
http://www.bayarea.com/mld/mercurynews/business/technology/personal_technology/7462389.htm