HolidayBuyer's Guide

Samsung forum

General discussion

LED UA46C6900VHXXY,Can I reset it etc...and it wont 'Dongle"

by robertcking / March 21, 2011 11:34 AM PDT

Hi, Just purchased the above Tv and I feel I may have done initial setup run.. Is there anyway I can reset the tv back to how it was when it came in the box??? I feel i have done it wrong as certain 'menu' items are not available to me(cant set time etc).....also I purchased a Samsung Lan adaptor but the tv doesnt know its there, but it does know when i stick a usb in to watch media? Any help please...im a techno dunce.:)

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LED UA46C6900VHXXY,Can I reset it etc...and it wont 'Dongle"
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LED UA46C6900VHXXY,Can I reset it etc...and it wont 'Dongle"
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
LED UA46C6900VHXXY,Can I reset it etc...and it wont 'Dongle"
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 23, 2011 4:49 AM PDT

robertcking,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your new TV.

To reset the TV, turn it on, and press and hold(!) the EXIT button for 15 seconds. It may prompt you to RESET? (and then choose YES and [ENTER]).

After that, restarting your television should take you through the initial settings as if you took the TV out of the box.

As for the dongle, you may need to contact the Samsung customer service center in your region for setup instructions and troubleshooting your network.

--HDTech

Collapse -
thanks but didnt work???
by robertcking / March 23, 2011 11:15 AM PDT

Thank you for your response HDTech!....unfortunately the advice does not work...i even held (exit) for +30secs. Any other options available. Still waiting over 2 days for samsung CS to call me back...lol. Thanks again for any other help you may offer me.

Collapse -
thanks but didnt work???
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 25, 2011 10:30 AM PDT

robertcking,

I'm sorry to hear that didn't help. I don't have any further troubleshooting available for any Non-US devices, unfortunately. If they haven't called back yet, I'm might suggest calling them back. I do apologize for my late response, but I have been in meetings this week.

--HDTech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.