Samsung forum


LED TV UE40D5003. Power gauge in r/h corner of screen.

by glyn545 / May 17, 2013 6:55 PM PDT

When I switch on the tv a " led tv / conventional tv " meter icon appears, I am able to close it by pressing the "info" button on the tv remote. I don't usually use the Samsung tv remote as I do most operations using the "TIVO box remote. This gauge/ meter has only recently appeared. How do I disable this BLOODY annoying icon/gauge?meter.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LED TV UE40D5003. Power gauge in r/h corner of screen.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LED TV UE40D5003. Power gauge in r/h corner of screen.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Re: LED TV UE40D5003 - Power gauge in r/h corner of screen
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 20, 2013 4:20 AM PDT

Hi glyn545,

Thanks for your message. But just so you know, I support US products and customers. And from what I can tell, this model is for UK. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) So if you want the most accurate information, here's the Samsung UK portal for support on that product:

Hope this helps you!

HD Tech

Collapse -
LED TV UE40D5003
by glyn545 / May 20, 2013 7:40 AM PDT

Thanks for the link, HD Tech, I'll let you know how I get on.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.