HolidayBuyer's Guide

Samsung forum

Question

LED TV, Game Mode changes colors? help please!

by RayzTheRoof / July 3, 2011 5:58 AM PDT

I recently posted a topic asking for ways to decrease input lag without using game mode. But I tried everything and it looks like game mode is the only option. The controls for gaming are less laggy, but still noticeable. But oh well, I guess I will have to deal with it.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LED TV, Game Mode changes colors? help please!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LED TV, Game Mode changes colors? help please!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
samsung?
by RayzTheRoof / July 4, 2011 1:02 PM PDT

Anyone know? Samsung guy?

Collapse -
Clarification request: samsung?
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 5, 2011 5:33 AM PDT
In reply to: samsung?

RayzTheRoof,

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Same TV, same problem
by soccerguy91 / July 5, 2011 3:54 AM PDT

Hey man, I'm in the same boat. Got the un46d7000 last week from Amazon. LOVE the tv. Great picture. Awesome 3D (watched open season).

Collapse -
I may have sort of fixed it
by RayzTheRoof / July 5, 2011 5:31 AM PDT
In reply to: Same TV, same problem

I changed the input name to Game by going to the input, hitting Tools on the remote, and then choosing Edit Name and finding Game. I think this helps, but there's still a lot of lag. I turned Game Mode on but it doesn't seem to make the picture look awful. It just seems like every color is lighter. I changed the brightness on the television from 45 (or 50. whatever the Standard setting is usually at) to 37 and it the colors, at least in Halo: Reach, look much better. I have to try other games.

Collapse -
TV
by soccerguy91 / July 5, 2011 8:47 AM PDT

Any 1.4 HDMI cable should do the trick. The only problem I'm experiencing is the input lag, and slight clouding.

Collapse -
Answer
Vertical Banding
by soccerguy91 / July 5, 2011 4:18 AM PDT

I read one of your posts regarding the vertical banding. I had that too. However, I found a solution.

Collapse -
Thanks, I'll try it
by RayzTheRoof / July 5, 2011 5:28 AM PDT
In reply to: Vertical Banding

It's funny...I have an Xbox 360 and PS3 and only one HDMI cable. I have to buy more. Anyway, I saw the banding while watching How to Train Your Dragon on demand from Fios. And my fios box is using component cables, so that may be it. I haven't noticed much banding while gaming with HDMI, but I have noticed some. Maybe it reduces it somehow. I'll have to buy more cables -_-

Collapse -
Answer
FIXED IT!! :)
by soccerguy91 / July 6, 2011 4:43 AM PDT

After playing around with the setting for around an hour, I have fixed the picture for "Game Mode."

Collapse -
awesome
by RayzTheRoof / July 6, 2011 7:19 AM PDT
In reply to: FIXED IT!! :)

i'll have to try this out later. I usually like Standard better than Dynamic because Dynamic seems too bright but I will definitely try this later.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.