Samsung forum

General discussion

LE46B650 and wireless DLNA

by grevenger / April 20, 2009 11:52 PM PDT

Hi to all. I am a very lucky owner of a LE46B650. It'a a great tv! I have a question. I have a 802.11g wireless net at my home. The wireless router is in my office-room and my tv in my living room. I connected my tv with an asus access point via the ethernet cable , and the access point wirelessly connected to my wireless router. My tv connected to the network very well and took the appropriate DHCP IP as expected. My problem is the following :

When I try to play a standard xvid video, standard definition, the tv are buffering for about 10 seconds every 10 seconds or so. So, It plays for 10 seconds, then buffering for 10 seconds and then continues playing for 10 seconds etc. When I play HD content (mkv 720p etc) it just shows me the first frame and nothing more.

I have tried with Samsung PC Share manager, tversity and windows media connect, it's the same problem for all 3.

Please can you tell me If it's a fault with my network, my tv or just a normal and usual act of the tv?

Thank you in advance.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LE46B650 and wireless DLNA
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LE46B650 and wireless DLNA
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
: LE46B650 and wireless DLNA
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / April 21, 2009 11:44 AM PDT

grevenger,

I've heard of the unit not playing certin unsupported file formats, but I haven't heard of it playing intermittently before. I'm not sure why it would stream for 10 seconds and stop.

You might check out the networking forum at CNet to see if anyone there can offer any troubleshooting ideas.

Forum members?

--HDTech

Collapse -
LE46B650 and wireless DLNA
by grevenger / April 21, 2009 6:04 PM PDT

Thanks for your reply!
I am almost sure that my home network has been setup correctly, because I am an IT professional (programmer) and I know more than the basic about basic networking. Unfortunately, the asus access point was lent to me by a friend and I can't use it now, because I gave it back to him, so I can't continue my tests. I was planning to buy one AP, but I got frustrated because of the problem I described, so I don't know if the money I'll spend for it will worth it.
So, my question is, can this TV playback video files flawlessly through 802.11g net interface? Or are 54Mbps (802.11g max speed) not enough for streaming video to the TV media player?

Collapse -
Wireless DLNA speed
by kat_701 / April 22, 2009 1:10 AM PDT

I think the new wireless dongle will support draft N (hence the N in the wireless WIS09ABGN). If you're worried about speed this may help? You can get them from www.samsungconnect.co.uk - I got mine last week and it works really well with my netgear router and new TV!

Collapse -
Wireless DLNA speed
by grevenger / April 22, 2009 4:56 PM PDT
In reply to: Wireless DLNA speed

OK, I'll maybew try the dongle. Thanks.

Collapse -
Wireless DLNA speed
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / April 23, 2009 7:51 PM PDT
In reply to: Wireless DLNA speed

kat_701,

The new dongle will support .11n.

--HDTech

Collapse -
same problem but with external HDD
by Fraje / May 10, 2009 2:32 AM PDT

I have experienced the same problem when playing HD .mkv files, the movie starts out fine but 30 sek in to it it starts to skip. You mentioned that you experienced this problem over your network, I have the same problem connected directly in to the tv USB port. where is the problem located - in the tv?? how do i solve it?????
// Frans

Collapse -
Samsung wireless DLNA
by Colmck / February 10, 2010 11:25 AM PST

I have recently bought a Samsung 40" LED and the wireless dongle and am experiencing the same problems as you. Have you managed to solve the problem yet? I have tried TVersity and NeroHome media but they are no better.

Collapse -
Did the streaming issue get resolved?
by smuthras / January 29, 2011 1:24 PM PST

I've a UA40C6900VR tv and i've connected the TV to my home wireless network. I've streaming problems from my PC to the TV - when i play videos it plays for 10s and stops for the next 10. Its very irritating. This is the same problem indicated in this thread. Did anyone manage to resolve this problem? Note am NOT streaming any HD content. Just some simple mpeg video that i captured from my camera.

Collapse -
Try
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 29, 2011 1:36 PM PST

Try the Cnet Network Forum advice for Samsung networking as well as other video encodings. I have yet to find this issue to be solved with one consistent fix but it has been resolved in many ways in many places.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?