General discussion

LE40A856 time zone issue?!

Let me describe the situation I?m facing in order to better understand my issue. I have the LCD model mentioned at the thread title. My location is at Greece. So, when I tune the digital channels (don?t care about analog) I set the country option to ?other countries? since Greece is not in the list of countries.

While watching a program if I press the info button or the guide button the information I receive is off by 2 hours. Greece is at GMT +0200 zone. It?s not something critical but it?s a bit irritating since these functional are not really usable. The other Samsung set that I?ve got, an LE32B650, presents the information correctly. On this set I do get the option to select Greece while tuning the digital channels.

Is there something I could do for the big set to bypass the issue? Could I expect a firmware upgrade to address this? (Shouldn?t be too much hassle to update the countries list in the channel tuning option along with the relevant information)

Thanks

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: LE40A856 time zone issue?!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: LE40A856 time zone issue?!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
A friend reported this.

It turned out he has shipped his set from another continent and the model didn't have the firmware for his new country. Go figure what to do about that.
Bob

- Collapse -
Any response?

Did your friend receive a response of any kind?

Thanks

- Collapse -
Not one you would like.

The set was not made for use in the country he moved to.

- Collapse -
LE40A856 time zone issue

I actually bought the set here and in the languages options for the menu and subs there is the option for Greek.

As far as I know the A8nn series uses the same firmware as the A7nn and A6nn so I?m sure that there are quite a lot of sets with this issue. Since digital broadcasting is rather new here and analog signal is still on the air for all channels people are not complaining that much, yet.

Any feedback from Samsung?

- Collapse -
LE40A856 time zone issue

pegasus_gr,

Unfortunately, I don't have any knowledge on how sets may operate in different regions. I can't test it here in the U.S.

Your best bet towards a resolution (or explanation, at least!) would be to contact the Samsung customer support center in your region. This information can be found on the Support side of the Samsung.com website in your region.

--HDTech

CNET Forums

Forum Info