Samsung forum

General discussion

LCD TV - Pixels and Power Problems - LN-T4065F

by adlync / January 14, 2010 1:27 AM PST

LN-T4065F - (LNT4065FX/XAA), is a 40" LCD Flat Screen TV.

This tv is right at 2 years old and is acting very strange. Just recently I noticed that when powered on, an even distribution of about 20% of the pixels constantly on, showing as a white or pinkish color.
I can clear the pixels by cycling power.

Additionally, and more recent, the tv has started to power off and on again (twice or three times), until it finally stays on.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LCD TV - Pixels and Power Problems - LN-T4065F
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LCD TV - Pixels and Power Problems - LN-T4065F
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Same EXACT problem
by tvmomof3 / January 26, 2010 1:45 AM PST

I'm in the process of contacting SAMSUNG about this - $2000 tv and it's been doing this to some degree since shortly after we got it...

calling 1 800 SAMSUNG

Collapse -
Looks like I have a lot of backup info to give SAMSUNG
by tvmomof3 / January 26, 2010 1:50 AM PST

I'm sure this reputable organization will handle a recall/repair...

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-13973_102-0.html?threadID=351956

includes references to 9 pages of same problem posted:

Like the previous poster I have a 2 year + 2 month old Samsung LNT4065FX television that is now starting to experience the infamous power on "clicking", purple pixelation, and inordinate delays in finally powering on. After reviewing this 9 page forum thread at Tech Report: http://techreport.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62360&st=0&sk=t&sd=a I now know that I'm likely in the same boat as the dozens of people on the post who have experienced the substandard/counterfeit capacitor issue affecting their $2,000+ LCD TVs, which Samsung is obviously aware of. Information regarding the counterfeit capacitors used by Samsung is documented here: http://www.articlesbase.com/ethics-articles/recession-plus-corruption-equals-doom-for-national-service-organizations-744502.html See the last 2 sentences in the 3rd paragraph. What about a recall? If a car maker builds thousands of cars with faulty components they recall them and fix them on their dime. Instead Samsung customer service is denying there is a problem and telling me my TV is out of warranty and their tech service is telling me it will likely be several hundred dollars to fix it. Ridiculous responses for a $2,599 state of the art LCD TV that I've owned since August of 2007, and which is only 1 of 2 Samsung LCD HDTVs that I currently own. Too bad I just talked my mother in law into buying one of their latest 46" LED televisions for $2,599. Looks like in about 2 years I'll be regretting that decision. With being directly responsible for 3 LCD/LED HDTV purchases in less than 2 years I've been good for Samsung's bottom line, but with this kind of customer (dis)service they're not turning out to be good for mine.

Collapse -
Videos of the problem on YouTube ~ one with 52,000 hits
by tvmomof3 / January 28, 2010 3:55 AM PST

I spoke to a man... wrote the event # somewhere. Anyway, he said that it might seem like a lot of comments online, ma'am, but you have to understand, Samsung is the largest TV manufacturer in the country, that's a tiny percentage you are seeing..."

To which I replied, "then it shouldn't be a problem for great big successful corporation Samsung to fix the "tiny" number of tvs with the problem... We got a quote of $200 to fix it over the phone. And, to little main street family, that's a lot of money. $200 x 10,000 should be a drop in the bucket for Samsung if they care about their reputation for quality and for consumer service."

He said, he could set up a service call, but it would be at our expense... For a tv that cost over $2000 and has a proven defect, possibly even through use of substandard parts, I don't think so.

He took my name and number when I asked if the supervisor would call me, though I understood that he felt the supervisor would echo his comments. Thought it would be a good test of customer service. The guy said his boss was in a meeting and he'd leave my name and number and have him call me. That was 2 days ago - long meeting!

Classic example of big corporation ignoring the little guys who are the ones buying all their televisions. I told him that such a thing could go across twitter, facebook, even hit the news stations' consumer reporters, and he seemed NOT terribly concerned...

Even told him about the YouTube video entitled Samsung TVs s u c k and he just yes ma'am-ed me again. I really hate being called Ma'am. It means someone thinks I am old or someone is "yes-ing" me to death...

Help Me HANK!!!

Collapse -
YouTube url for Samsung TVs s u ....
by tvmomof3 / January 28, 2010 4:08 AM PST
Collapse -
UPDATE:
by tvmomof3 / January 28, 2010 4:33 AM PST

Got a call from Samsung. NOT the supervisor, which I first assumed, but a call to see how my customer service call was handled the other day and whether my problem was resolved.

Told her no and filled her in on the details, including the lack of response by the supervisor, and she said she would pass all the info along. I said thanks and I'd wait to hear from someone as she was clearly a screener of problems. Very polite. Stay tuned...

Collapse -
Same issue
by kliguore / November 26, 2011 2:07 PM PST
In reply to: UPDATE:

Any update on this? I have the same issue, and was wondering if anyone has a number to call that will get the right response.

Thanks

Collapse -
Samsung 4665
by kliguore / November 26, 2011 12:46 AM PST

Hi,

I have a 4665 and have been having the same issue for about a year. I am now up to 3 times that it powers up and then finally stays on, and it then has to be manually powered off/on again to get rid of the bad pixels. After this is works fine.

Is there anything new on Samsung backing up their product? How long should I expect before it finally just doesn't power up at all? Has anyone been through this until it stopped working?

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks

Collapse -
Please remove from service.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 26, 2011 1:55 AM PST
In reply to: Samsung 4665

Unplug it until it is fixed. You can see what it may be by the posts so far but continued use can cause damage that no one will pay for.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.