PC Hardware forum

General discussion

LCD monitor recommendations?

by bobmckee / August 24, 2005 12:29 PM PDT

I recently had a bad run in with a pair of defective Dell 2005FPWs. I'd like to replace it with something compareable to the 2005FPW but not from Dell.

This (below) looks the same but I can't find user reviews of this thing anywhere. Anyone got one or know someone who does? Anything good or bad to say about Acer products or service?

http://reviews.cnet.com/Acer_AL2032WD_-_flat_panel_display_-_TFT_-_20/4505-3174_7-31262343.html

I guess my next option would be this one below, but its like a hundred more than the Acer everyplace I can find it. (and nearly two hundred more than I found the 2005FPW going for when you catch it on sale)

http://reviews.cnet.com/BenQ_FP2091/4505-3174_7-30889641.html?tag=pdtl-list

So... opinions? I'd like to aim for the $450-650 range.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LCD monitor recommendations?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LCD monitor recommendations?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Wow, rich dude.
by damasta55r / August 24, 2005 2:58 PM PDT

I would look at sony or samsung, they make pretty good lcds also. If you have the money, get a sharp lcd tv and use it as a monitor.

ROger

Collapse -
hehe
by bobmckee / August 24, 2005 10:08 PM PDT
In reply to: Wow, rich dude.

Rich dude. I've been called a lot of things but thats a first. Happy I live in apartment and have empty WB Mason paper boxes as and end table in my living room.

I am a programmer and a designer, so I spend way to much time on the computer. I think I can justify the expense.

Thanks for the advice!

Collapse -
LCD
by Alan Copeland / August 24, 2005 9:56 PM PDT
Collapse -
very nice
by bobmckee / August 24, 2005 11:51 PM PDT
In reply to: LCD

Thanks for the recommendation Alan. Will definitely consider Planar.

I should point out that I am looking for something 20 or more inches, max res of 1600x1200 or 1680x1050 for widescreen. Thats why getting something good for under $650 has been a bit of an issue. Thanks!

Collapse -
Check out this one ...
by Tecumseh / August 25, 2005 9:57 AM PDT
Collapse -
thats what i'm talkin about
by bobmckee / August 25, 2005 10:33 AM PDT
In reply to: Check out this one ...

Excellent! Right specs, right price. Still looking a little bit more (too tramatized by Dell to act hastely), but right now thats my top pick.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.