The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Latest on search for James Kim

Here's a pretty exhaustive story about the search efforts.

James family is paying for a private search to supplement the official search according to this article.

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/news/1165033527300600.xml&coll=7&thispage=1

The latest news on the search comes from the story on News.com

Essentially a Denny's waiter served the Kim family dinner at 8 p.m. on Saturday evening in Roseburg, OR. So the search is shifting north to try to identify the route the Kims took.

http://news.com.com/Road+search+under+way+for+missing+CNET+editor/2100-1028_3-6140118.html

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Latest on search for James Kim
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Latest on search for James Kim
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
thank you for updating this

In reply to: Latest on search for James Kim

i guess we are all anxious as you in CNET are...

Collapse -
Thanks tom

It is so terrible, the family being missing and all. Its a shame that we [the non-local online community] can not do more to help other than splashing it about our blogs and sending messages to the family.

Sad

Collapse -
worried

In reply to: Thanks tom

Thanks for the update. I agree, I wish we could do more to help!

Collapse -
(NT) Thanks for the update Tom! Glad Oregonian ran the story...

Collapse -
FWIW: It's the front page of cnn.com

In reply to: Thanks for the update Tom! Glad Oregonian ran the story...

Collapse -
I want more info!

I think we all do. We want to hear "They have been found and all are OK, tired, hungry but OK."
Please. Tell us they are Alright.
Please God, let us know they are safe.

Collapse -
Let him come back and laugh it off...

In reply to: I want more info!

I am looking forward to the day when James will come back to cnet ( probably after a well-deserved break ) and be doing his weekly podcasts and crave videos again. He is the kind of person who would come back with a smile on his face, trying to make light of the situation he was involved in.

keeping him and his family in my prayers,

-Woody

Collapse -
Thanks so much for the update

I really appreciate you guys taking the time to keep us updated on this - if I lived anywhere near the area I'd offer to drive the route too. I can only imagine how helpless his poor family feels about the search efforts - glad there were helicopters available for hire. I find it so easy to forget that the western US has so many wilderness areas where it's easy to get lost.

Collapse -
Contributions?

Hey,
I wondered if anything had been set up to contribute funds to what the Kim parents are currently putting up for the search? I know we're all feeling helpless. Maybe this would be a way to assist?

Collapse -
Contributions

In reply to: Contributions?

That's a great idea. I suspect a lot of people here are willing to contribute to help the family search for them.

Collapse -
A Good Idea

In reply to: Contributions?

I would like to contribute as I'm sure would many others - is there a way a PayPal account or something similar could be set up by CNET?

Thank you for the updates Tom.

Collapse -
Update: Donations/Contributions

Update: Donations
by rosscbrown - 03/12/06 10:56
In reply to: Vote if you'll give time/effort/$$$ for Kim family search by shmody

I have emailed friends of the Kim family running the website www.jamesandkati.com about the possibility of having a paypal account set up.

I received the following reply:

"Hi Ross -

Please let them know that we are checking with the family and asking what their wishes are in this regard. If they give us the word we will get something up for them. At this time I know they are focused on the search and they know that if they need this resource we'll work to make it available to them.

Thanks for checking in."

Collapse -
(NT) Thanks for checking with them!

In reply to: Update: Donations/Contributions

Collapse -
Thanks for the update

I really did (sorry) think this was a joke when I saw the first story about it. I didn't read it thoroughly, and I don't know why I thought it was a joke.

I'm praying for James and Kati and their cute little girls.

Collapse -
*prays some more*

In reply to: Thanks for the update

even the Today show did a story on it today. i hope they're okay. this sucks...

Collapse -
Not Good

In reply to: Thanks for the update

7 days and still ticking eh? I really hope he is ok, just like everyone else, but no one, especially in a group like that with wife and kids goes missing without a big reason.

Either you don't want to be found, or something horribly wrong has happened. I'm a logical guy and where my conclusion goes isn't all that bright.

I don't know the family or James beyond cnet, but he seemed pretty level headed and to say his family went "missing" for 7 days is starting to push it. They have to find him soon in order for any news to be good.

Collapse -
logic, inspiration..

In reply to: Not Good

that's a rational assessment. However, I'd say that if you chose to believe in happy endings and act on them to make them so, you'll receive that happy ending that you were inspired to produce. It helps if the effort is steadfast.

Collapse -
Thanks for posting Tom

I went away for the weekend and was hoping to see James posting how he made back home safely... Guess I'll have to wait a bit more.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.